TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bigger guy, used to wear XL tall jackets, occasionally a XXL tall shirt until I got the TW. Went to cycle gear and tried on a few jackets. Damn I need a 3X in motorcycle jackets!#!! What's up with all the skinny cycle guys?!? No wonder I flatten out the suspension. Motorcycle riding clothes are made for skinny runway models. Lol

Don't you guys ever have a few beers or cinnamon rolls? Dang so it goes. Ordered a Joe Rocket Atomic size 3X from Amazon. Ate a half baked chicken, some chicken strips and vegetables and potatoes - and opened the box. Yep I am now a 3X! Who could have known?!? Lol you guys rock! #GYG

'13 TW200

A.T.

Super Moderator
:sign10:

It's the suspension bro... ;)

Just be thankful you aren't a Cyclegear 5X like me... :p

I had 2 Cinnamon rolls today... :hiding:

:D

***For every decade of riding I've had to add one more X, Cyclegear doesn't have a 6X. Now what will I do?? :blink:

I'm a bigger guy, used to wear XL tall jackets, occasionally a XXL tall shirt until I got the TW. Went to cycle gear and tried on a few jackets. Damn I need a 3X in motorcycle jackets!#!! What's up with all the skinny cycle guys?!? No wonder I flatten out the suspension. Motorcycle riding clothes are made for skinny runway models. Lol

Don't you guys ever have a few beers or cinnamon rolls? Dang so it goes. Ordered a Joe Rocket Atomic size 3X from Amazon. Ate a half baked chicken, some chicken strips and vegetables and potatoes - and opened the box. Yep I am now a 3X! Who could have known?!? Lol you guys rock! #GYG

'13 TW200

A.T.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
:sign10:

It's the suspension bro... ;)

Just be thankful you aren't a Cyclegear 5X like me... :p

I had 2 Cinnamon rolls today... :hiding:

:D

***For every decade of riding I've had to add one more X, Cyclegear doesn't have a 6X. Now what will I do?? :blink:
6 decades of riding? That's a lot of beer and skinned knuckles.

'13 TW200

A.T.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
53 years and am I ever worn out!!! :D
Yeah i had a partner, now deceased, that always said if I'd known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. 61 and climbing. Getting up stairs and getting off the ground are the most obvious defects.

'13 TW200

A.T.

Super Moderator
I've said that many times also.

It only gets worse...haha. Getting old isn't for sissies. It's been a well lived life, but it sure hasn't been easy.
Yeah i had a partner, now deceased, that always said if I'd known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. 61 and climbing. Getting up stairs and getting off the ground are the most obvious defects.

'13 TW200

A.T.

Registered
I am starting to go in the other direction. After realizing taking 20lbs off the TW is nearly impossible and likely would be very expensive, I am improving my power to weight ratio by eating healthier! All kidding aside, plan to ride the 6 Days of Michigan with my son next summer. Only way I will make it is dropping another 30 lbs (20+ off since spring). When one 70 mile ride, chasing KTMs and YZs lead to three days of almost incapacitating soreness, I got the wake up call....lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I am starting to go in the other direction. After realizing taking 20lbs off the TW is nearly imlossible and likey would be very expensive, I am improving my power to weight ratio by eating healthier! All kidding aside, plan to ride the 6 Days of Michigan with my son next summer. Only way I will make it is dropping another 30 lbs (20+ off since spring). When one 70 mile ride, chasing KTMs and YZs lead to three days of almost incapacitating soreness, I got the wake up call....lol
True that! We strive to eek out more power from our bikes when dropping a few lbs would yield the same results. I like the way you think!#!! CONGRATS for healthier lifestyle brother Matt. Sounds like a fun ride with your son too.
#GYG

'13 TW200

A.T.

Super Moderator
At the relatively 鈥測oung鈥 age of 60, I seem to have perfected the art of 鈥渇alling like a sack of potatoes鈥

I demonstrated this recently when I trod on a toilet roll, thought it was the cat, and rather balletically span round to land (like said sack of potatoes) on my back

The cat is fine by the way, but strangely avoiding me at the moment

The end result of all this is 鈥渂ruised ribs鈥 鈥 again 鈥 so I鈥檓 currently avoiding threads that have the description 鈥渉ow to make my TW go faster鈥, as it hurts to laugh at the moment

Not entirely convinced that 鈥渆xtra padding鈥 would help or hinder this 鈥 but I鈥檓 willing to do the research 鈥︹.

Registered
At the relatively 鈥測oung鈥 age of 60, I seem to have perfected the art of 鈥渇alling like a sack of potatoes鈥

I demonstrated this recently when I trod on a toilet roll, thought it was the cat, and rather balletically span round to land (like said sack of potatoes) on my back

The cat is fine by the way, but strangely avoiding me at the moment

The end result of all this is 鈥渂ruised ribs鈥 鈥 again 鈥 so I鈥檓 currently avoiding threads that have the description 鈥渉ow to make my TW go faster鈥, as it hurts to laugh at the moment

Not entirely convinced that 鈥渆xtra padding鈥 would help or hinder this 鈥 but I鈥檓 willing to do the research 鈥︹.

This is not funny. It is serious so don't laugh at the risk of your ribs.

Assuming you were "trodding on a toilet roll" and in the close proximity to use said "toilet", may I suggest "Toilet Gear". It may look a lot like motorcycle protective gear but with a new "label" sticker on the gear, amazingly enough, it turns into Toilet Gear.

...Remember, safety first!

You don't have to place your hands on your hips for this garment to work. These "Protective Toilet Undies" are a bit of a hassle when in a hurry. Boy, don't I know it, but you have the "extra pouch" in the front...you know, to make you look fat.

Yep, the Toilet Helmet...no scrimping on Toilet Gear. Wearing this will really prove your manliness These knee brace/protectors are invaluable if you've had too much alcohol and have to pray to the toilet God.

Toilet Socks...when you have to kick the cat

Wearing the Toilet Gloves can prove to be problematic but you should at least wear them to and from your "place of business"

Hi Viz Toilet Vest. Probably not needed if you live alone. Have a significant other, you might just want one. Especially if you wake him or her or them in the middle of the night. Just sayin...

If you live alone, at the very least you may want to look cool (to yourself) for that minimalist protective look...and feel. Wearing these will make you "feel protected" when you're really not.

Well, you get the idea. Be careful out there, it's dangerous out there!

P.S. Some of us may have to shop around to find the right size...cause we're fat! :p

Super Moderator
LOL!!! You've really outdone yourself this time Kris!!! Best laugh of the day!!! :D

Assuming you were "trodding on a toilet roll" and in the close proximity to use said "toilet", may I suggest "Toilet Gear". It may look a lot like motorcycle protective gear but with a new "label" sticker on the gear, amazingly enough, it turns into Toilet Gear.

You don't have to place your hands on your hips for this garment to work. These "Protective Toilet Undies" are a bit of a hassle when in a hurry. Boy, don't I know it, but you have the "extra pouch" in the front...you know, to make you look fat.

Yep, the Toilet Helmet...no scrimping on Toilet Gear. Wearing this will really prove your manliness These knee brace/protectors are invaluable if you've had too much alcohol and have to pray to the toilet God.

Wearing the Toilet Gloves can prove to be problematic but you should at least wear them to and from your "place of business"

Hi Viz Toilet Vest. Probably not needed if you live alone. Have a significant other, you might just want one. Especially if you wake him or her or them in the middle of the night. Just sayin...

If you live alone, at the very least you may want to look cool (to yourself) for that minimalist protective look...and feel. Wearing these will make you "feel protected" when you're really not.

P.S. Some of us may have to shop around to find the right size...cause we're fat! :p

Super Moderator
Yeah right - thanks for your help with that - lol - (ouch) .......

Registered
Discussion Starter #16

That looks like excellent "Friday night in my 20s" gear too!! Nice post admiral.

'13 TW200

A.T.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts