TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can get replacement plastics for my TW? the owner before me strayed it with the off-brand of rhino-liner. it looks ok but i have come to realize that some of the plastics are broken on the mounting points. any help would be great.

thank you,

DezertRat

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
All plastics are interchangable from '87 to the present. Comes down to choice of color

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Hey, Smurfs are cool again. I just saw a commercial for their new movie.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xdac

i will post a few pics of my bike. i had trouble doing this last time so it may be a bit before i figure it out.

DezertRat

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Since what you have (plastics) has been sprayed with Bedliner, I would first try to re-build the mounting points on yours. You can do wonders with a rivet-gun, sheet aluminium (hardware store), JB weld with the mesh sheetrock tape used to reinforce. Gerry

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Wha??????? put down the beer...atleast i dont have a green bike

I don't drink. I really am this stoopit.

Used plastics come up occasionally in the classified section of the site, on eBay, etc.. New ones can be purchased through Yamaha, but prices are all over the map due to quirks in Yamaha's parts system. In other words if you wanted white, for example, shop the various year models using the online parts fiche until you find the year model with the cheapest white plastics. They're all the same, but Yamaha's system may tell you the white for an '87 is obsolete, or the pricing will be different than the same thing from another year model.

Less-visible areas can be fixed permanently and even stronger than stock if you have the broken pieces. Cut aluminum window screen to span the crack from the back side, align the pieces from the front side with tape or superglue, then CAREFULLY "sink" the window screen into the plastic with a soldering iron. I have a black front fender that was cracked nearly in half. I repaired in this way 2 years ago and it's been whacked a zillion times since. You can't find a visible trace of the original crack unless you're looking for it.

I'd like to see the Rhino liner, too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well everyone, thank you for your input. i am going to explore all avenues. first with trying the repairs...

once again, thank you guys!

DezertRat

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts