TW200 Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1112 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Looks you've got yourself some "Mud in the Tires" haha!

Reactions: Gullyjumper

·
Registered
840 Posts
A genuine home grown Mississippi Mud Pie!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had 3 nights of heavy frost, and the leaves have gone off! next days are rain and breeze so the forest will be bare.
2nd ride of 255 kms today after 6 weeks off the bike after a deer took out my front wheel at 65kph at 530am commuting to work. cracked my pelvis in two places, luckily no surguey; just STAY STILL. very hard to do. groin muscles are still complaining tho, glad the road rash is almost all healed.
IMG516.jpg
IMG517.jpg

ride safe folks.
o

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Had 3 nights of heavy frost, and the leaves have gone off! next days are rain and breeze so the forest will be bare.
2nd ride of 255 kms today after 6 weeks off the bike after a deer took out my front wheel at 65kph at 530am commuting to work. cracked my pelvis in two places, luckily no surguey; just STAY STILL. very hard to do. groin muscles are still complaining tho, glad the road rash is almost all healed. View attachment 208466 View attachment 208467
ride safe folks.
o
That sounds like it was a nice ride. Too bad about the injury and accident. Add a horn that sounds like a gun shot. I bet the deer would run from that. Have fun and stay safe.

·
Registered
840 Posts
2nd ride of 255 kms today after 6 weeks off the bike after a deer took out my front wheel at 65kph at 530am commuting to work. cracked my pelvis in two places, luckily no surguey; just STAY STILL. very hard to do. groin muscles are still complaining tho, glad the road rash is almost all healed. View attachment 208466 View attachment 208467
ride safe folks.
o
Glad you are doing well. Remember when we were kids we could fall off a bicycle and you could just about watch the road rash disappear. Now it hangs around forever and forever and forever!

·
Registered
20,745 Posts
Black over red frame looks awesome SkyKing!

Reactions: skyking40v

·
Registered
20,745 Posts
We should also share pics of nice places we visit on the TWs...

....like mountain peaks from up close. ( 11,400+ Mt. Paterson)

...or from afar. ( 14,000'+ Mt. Whitney)

Or more graffitti both new.

...and old.

...or maybe just a big ol' hole in the ground.

..or just some nice views over the handlebars.

·
Registered
840 Posts
That's right! A little east of Fort Stockton under I-10. I made a wrong turn and ended up passing that "underpass." Perhaps no turn is "wrong" on an adventure ride.
Back in '84 the wife and I stopped under one of those off I-10 on the way to a Flagstaff BMW Rally to catch up on marital duties. We had a few minutes to spare while waiting on the rest of the gang that had to stop for gas.:)

I guess one would call all of us an opportunist at that age!:cool:

Marty

Reactions: Ken and Fred

·
Registered
13,985 Posts
View attachment 208840
Sunrise in the back country.
Just an idea to complete the camo job. Perhaps you camo the seat and get some old desert camo uniforms and sew up a cover to go over your gas tank. That way you don't have to paint the tank. The downside to this is if you crash in a roadside ditch we might not be able to find you. haha.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just an idea to complete the camo job. Perhaps you camo the seat and get some old desert camo uniforms and sew up a cover to go over your gas tank. That way you don't have to paint the tank. The downside to this is if you crash in a roadside ditch we might not be able to find you. haha.
The crashing in a roadside ditch is pretty much guaranteed. Look at it as a hide and seek adventure.

·
Registered
13,985 Posts
That's pretty funny!

·
Registered
20,745 Posts
Apparently Gullyjumper is a bit of a log leaper too.
Well done sir.

·
Registered
20,745 Posts
Really like Amarillo Bill's Sasquatch fender sticker as well as his outdoor shop.
If that wall mounted tailgate drops down open I want one!

1081 - 1100 of 1112 Posts