TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard about a tw200 rally at Mountain View motorcycle campground near the NC/TN border this weekend, from the campsite itself. Does anyone know who is putting it on? Looked here and on advrider but didn’t see anything. Even though I don’t have a tee dub any ore I may pop in this weekend just to check it out.

Charles.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Have not heard anything about a TW rally there.

Here's the thread about the campground:

Looks like a nice place.

Perhaps give them a call.

jb

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
WOW !

A drop in by ChopperCharles ........................ the man who started this forum many years ago (I understand).
What year I'm not sure. I think changes to the site happened in 2010 and the "Joined" dates all reset to that year.
Thank You sir. I had a couple of years of enjoyment thanks to this site.
joe

·
Registered
2,505 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, it's an Italjet Buccaneer 250i. Sold as an SSR Buccaneer in the USA and a Lexmoto Vendetta in the UK. I have the UK exhaust on it, as it looks nicer and has a midrange performance boost. The original Italjet Buccaneer was an Italian-made race bike with a Yamaha two-stroke engine in it. It won a bunch of races in the mid 70s. The New Buccaneer is Italian-designed, Chinese-made, and has a Yamaha XV250 Virago (or V-Star 250) motor in it. So it sorta has some history.

I rode it 4 hours to the campground and four hours back on the Interstate, pushing 70-75mph the whole way, and then had an absolute blast on the pavement sections in the mountains. The dirt was fun too, but I got passed by all the tee-dubs :) The front suspension doesn't have a lot of travel and I was bottoming out on the big potholes, ruts, and rocks. Still, I was having so much fun, and I was hanging with the KTM and adv bikes that were leading us through the twisties. When the mountain got really steep I was struggling a little, with corner entries a bit slower than I'd have liked, but then the downhill part I was back in full game, going through curves like a wannabe racer.

In short, I had a great time!

Charles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I follow a couple tdubbers on instagram that went... seems kind of odd nobody bothered to post anything here, I was out riding the vstrom over the weekend and while I might not have taken the tdub I probably would've ridden the couple states down to say hello.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think it was a big deal that got canceled for covid, and some people decided to do it anyways. Not entirely sure on the story. There was an almost-sold bike and a lot of alcohol involved.

Charles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts