TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
I liked that vid :)
Reminds me how nice it is riding on fresh snow that has not been compacted by 4 wheeled vehicles
When I worked in town I used to use an unmade back road for most of the way & it was great till a few cars had been along it
Not so nice in the snow in the dark tho on the way home, it was an unlit lane & TW headlights aren't the best
With visor up due to fogging lens been a few times my eyelashes were frozen:D

Registered
Admiral, I watched that 2 times and didn't see my name anywhere on that snow. Did I miss something?????
Mel

Registered
Wow Admiral, glad to see all that snow isn't keeping you off of your TW! I know you're no stranger to riding in that stuff, but it's impressive to a desert rat like me nonetheless :).

I actually had a conversation about Idaho with my uncle at Christmas. He stated his opinion that your state is probably the freest and most authentically American in the union. We both agreed though that despite its charms, our clothes just aren't warm enough to hack it there in the wintertime!

I noticed quite a few animal tracks there in the snow towards the end of your video, any idea what sort of critter left them?

Registered
Well done, sir. Well............done.

Almost as good as getting out myself. I have ridden a bit snow here in Illinois a few weeks ago, but without much success since the snow was over 8 inches deep and the TW's rear tire was not up to the task. It worked better once the snow melted down to about 2 inches, which appears to be about what you rode on.

Are you riding something other than original Bridgstones?

Thanks for the stimulation.

Registered
For a moment I thought I was watching a video of Shinji Kazama's ride to the North Pole!:D I'm glad the sun came out and you were able to get a ride in. I'm even more glad you chose to share it with us! Thanks, Admiral - we can always count on you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
With visor up due to fogging lens been a few times my eyelashes were frozen:D
My eye's were watering on this ride too. Goggles kept fogging up, but I just had to get out for a ride. I tried the day before this one, but it was to foggy and I couldn't see were I was going. Talk about fogged goggles...

I enjoy them too. I keep looking for the hammer to ensure it is authentic. :rolleyes:
I keep forgetting that. I'll have to come up with something creative to ensure authenticity:p

Admiral, I watched that 2 times and didn't see my name anywhere on that snow. Did I miss something?????
Mel
I had to edit that part out. Sorry:p

He stated his opinion that your state is probably the freest and most authentically American in the union. We both agreed though that despite its charms, our clothes just aren't warm enough to hack it there in the wintertime!

I noticed quite a few animal tracks there in the snow towards the end of your video, any idea what sort of critter left them?
Even though area's keep getting closed off to motorvehicle use, still lots of free area's too ride that's for sure. Hey, I had to try out my new insulated Carhart overalls. I was toasty on this ride:D Critter tracks were most likely our local fox population, but I've also seen some Coyote's in the neighborhood as well.

but without much success since the snow was over 8 inches deep and the TW's rear tire was not up to the task. It worked better once the snow melted down to about 2 inches, which appears to be about what you rode on.

Are you riding something other than original Bridgstones?
I tried riding in the deeper stuff, but the front tire just plows and goes where it wants too, not where I want it to go. It was about 2" or so, but I still wiggled here and there. Rear tire is a new stock tire with tire chains, front tire is a Shinko 244. I have sheet metal screws inserted in the front, but it is useless in deep snow. Did ok at this depth.

Well done with a fitting sound track to boot. Your selection of sound tracks is to be envied!
Some folks don't care for music, but I think it takes the edge off sometimes. This is not an overly exciting video, so it took the edge off...I hope! Love your trail video's.

For a moment I thought I was watching a video of Shinji Kazama's ride to the North Pole!:D I'm glad the sun came out and you were able to get a ride in. I'm even more glad you chose to share it with us! Thanks, Admiral - we can always count on you.
I was thinking Siberia when I was riding, but North Pole works too:D. Not nearly as cold as either location I'm sure. I'm glad it wasn't windy!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Sure enough, another great video from Admiral!

Those folks kinda gave you a..what the @!*^.. look. Thats gotta be surprising to look up out in the middle of nowhere, snow for miles in any direction and see a motorcyclist going by!!! ha ha
...and you should have seen the look on their face when they realized I had a dog on the back too:D

Registered
Admiral, my greatest appreciation for you braveness to ride in the cold and snow. I was born and raised on an Iowa farm so have had my time in the snow. I really enjoy your videos with the sound. They are the greatest. Keep up the good work. Any chance of you making our Russ Austin Memorial Ride here in San Luis Obispo?

Mel

Registered

Outstanding & Fun! Thanks Admiral for sharing, I was checking the road for animal tracks and saw many but am not good enough to see if there were strange varmints in there. I bet lots of bunnys and jackwabbits but did you see any choopacabra
or sasquatch tracks in that vast back yard of yours?

Registered
Admiral you are a lot tougher than I am. I find 60 degrees to chilly to be riding, though I have done it. And I thought I saw Georgie's shadow behind yours. I bet she was happy as a dog could be.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Been in an inversion since very early December. Inversion broke up long enough to get just a bit more snow right before Christmas, which made it look pertty. We just started getting above 32, so the snow on the ground is on it's way out.
Been kinda dry this year so far. Even McCall doesn't have much snow. Very unusual for this time of year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts