TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Tdub riders. I thought I would share one of the videos from a ride we did in Utah this year. My husband and I have been riding for years but have had the Tdubs for only a couple. We are convinced with how great of an overall fun bike they are.

Here is the link to the video. I particularly do not like making videos because it is so time consuming. But try to make an effort to share that the Tdub can be used from the beginner to the expert rider.

Enjoy,

Jennifer

Utah Rocks TW200's

Motor vehicle Nature Automotive tire Automotive exterior Landscape

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I watch videos of people out west riding long stretches of rocks , baby heads and bigger....
It just doesn't look like fun to me..
When I run into that here it's usually a short stretch.
I work my butt off or fall down , or multiples of both..
is it the thrill of victory when you make it without destroying your bike ?
mike from NC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I watch videos of people out west riding long stretches of rocks , baby heads and bigger....
When I run into that here it's usually a short stretch.
I work my butt off or fall down , or multiples of both..
is it the thrill of victory when you make it without destroying your bike ?
mike from NC
I never thought of it that way. I grew up riding desert and single tracks. There is a limit to how rocky but we definately do not want to crash. I think its the challenge more than anything. The TW's are actually more of a challenge because they lack clearance so I think it makes it more fun. Years of big bikes like 500's does get boring and the TW's have made it like a whole new game. My husband and I met in the desert and we found out we rode the same type of terrain so it very welll may be a West thing. Its all for fun!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It ain't always fun, brother! However, in high mountain situations especially - most times the reward far outweighs the challenge!

Tire Wheel Sky Motorcycle Vehicle

Sky Plant community Mountain Slope Highland

P.S. - I need to start riding in the desert more...

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Imagine a place without sand or rock

View attachment 217819

been there and not as exciting as a challenging trail
Looks like a cool place for big,fast bikes
To play follow the leader at high speeds...
YZ 490
CR 500
XR650R
MACIO 700
It would get very boring very fast
on a little goat..
Maybe my old 1100 Genesis drag bike with a set of dunflop D 606
Tires would be a blast ??

Reactions: Willys714

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Yep an 1100cc drag bike would make anywhere exciting, but I really liked Dirtonly’s lo-speed video of the stream crossing.
The low and slow is where the Tdub really shines!
Trails across river beds are constantly changing, one good storm will wash away all the rock stacking trail building from the summer. Lots of really well groomed trails suddenly turn to tuff when you drop down into the stream beds.
Trail building with the USFS we would try to start the trail with a trail rated obstacle so you can decide at the BEGINNING of the trail if its for you. On most trails crossing a wash all bets were off, an easy fire road could become impassable after a storm and I reaaaaly like that!

·
Registered
22,047 Posts
When I initially take the wrong line, or pause before an obstacle, rather than attempt from a stop or with poor positionioning I'll retreat a little bit then come back building momentum and confidence and shoot for the best line, usually works.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yep an 1100cc drag bike would make anywhere exciting, but I really liked Dirtonly’s lo-speed video of the stream crossing.
The low and slow is where the Tdub really shines!
Trails across river beds are constantly changing, one good storm will wash away all the rock stacking trail building from the summer. Lots of really well groomed trails suddenly turn to tuff when you drop down into the stream beds.
Trail building with the USFS we would try to start the trail with a trail rated obstacle so you can decide at the BEGINNING of the trail if its for you. On most trails crossing a wash all bets were off, an easy fire road could become impassable after a storm and I reaaaaly like that!
I can add momentum with my right hand, but I usually run low on that confidence juice. Do they make a Rotopax or MSR bottle for that? ;)
The half pint fits the back pocket well, the 1/5 will usually get you through the worst
of situations..
If you don't make it through you probably won't care....

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Wife: You fell five times due to deep sand. Why do you keep going?
Me: Because it feels so good when I stop.
With my KTM and YZ as I picked up speed the bike seemed to
Climb up on top of the sand and smooth out.
The dub seems to be constantly plowing through doing it's best
To toss me off....

Reactions: Pupsocket

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I initially take the wrong line, or pause before an obstacle, rather than attempt from a stop or with poor positionioning I'll retreat a little bit then come back building momentum and confidence and shoot for the best line, usually works.
I find out when I hesitate or second guess myself doom is about to happen. Lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts