TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,419 Posts
Graphics depict new model with disc brake but no kickstarter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow, that really looks like a great deal. My bike is a 1990. Do you think the years are similar enough to warrant purchase for my TW?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Love this part...

Paper is best! No video screen will give a view larger than 8.5 X 11.

Still may get one.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Take the free .pdf, print it out at work or something if you gotta have a hardcopy.

A while ago I bought a cheapo off-brand windows 2-in-1 tablet pretty much essentially for garage use. So it's a tablet, but has a keyboard/mouse pad that just snaps on allowing it to work like a laptop as well.
It's good for looking up things online or displaying service manual PDF's/forum how-to's, ect. and if I get brake cleaner, oil, beer ect spilled on it I don't really feel bad. I'd recommend a windows tablet (vs android or apple) with a full size USB slot, since a lot of the tuning software needs it- Dynojet's Power Commander or C3 tuning suite of programs only run on windows, same with Bazzaz and Tuneboy. I think it cost less than $100 and while it's definitely low end piece of kit, ultimately it's done it's job fine for a couple years now and if it crapped out tomorrow I'd just go buy another one.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So.... The 2 manuals I ordered showed up today. The good news is...
1) The manuals came in 5 protective layers so they were in pristine condition.
2) The TW manual came with a supplement for 1988 models.
3) All the print and illustrations were perfect.

The bad news is all the pictures and wiring diagrams are close to being worthless.
Wiring diagrams aren't a big deal as they can be found on the web. Pictures would be nice to have in some instances. All in all it was worth the $30 for me.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
My TW200 manual showed up yesterday. The drawings came out fine. The pictures / photographs didn't copy as clearly but are OK. The paper seems to be of a very good quality. The pages are bound together with a plastic strip on cover page and another on the back page and is held tightly together with plastic rivets. All in all I like it and used it as soon as I got it.

You could print your own from the PDF file -- maybe at Kinko's for 14 cents a page (I think that is what they charge.). It is at least 326 pages or 163 pieces of paper -- 163 X .14 = $22.82 -- buying it printed and bound together seems a reasonable alternative.

I have a CD with the manual on it and use it too but I like having the book.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts