TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so we pooled together and had a TW specific skid plate made and then we actually convinced Clark to do a tank. So, how about saddle bags? Today I spoke to Ed who owns Dirt Bagz. His company makes a simple yet functional saddle bag system for many dirt bikes and I brought to his attention the TW. He has said that he did briefly consider the TW but did not know if the interest was there. So, I told him that I would start a thread to see if there was interest. What he would be looking for from us, is for anyone interested to e-mail him expressing interest. What he does is saves the e-mails and will then later evaluate the interest to see if it worth making the brackets that would work on the TW. Curious what they look and how they work? Go to his website. The prices range from $220 to $250, that being small or large bags. That includes both bags and brackets. www.dbzproducts.com . His e-mail is [email protected] . You may respond to this thread but for him to see the interest you must e-mail him. He did mention that nothing could happen till Nov because currently he is busy filling orders. I will say again, you must e-mail him saying that you would be interested. Alright, thats all. I will be curious to see how it goes.

Matt

·
Registered
231 Posts
im interested.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ok, so we pooled together and had a TW specific skid plate made and then we actually convinced Clark to do a tank. So, how about saddle bags? Today I spoke to Ed who owns Dirt Bagz. His company makes a simple yet functional saddle bag system for many dirt bikes and I brought to his attention the TW. He has said that he did briefly consider the TW but did not know if the interest was there. So, I told him that I would start a thread to see if there was interest. What he would be looking for from us, is for anyone interested to e-mail him expressing interest. What he does is saves the e-mails and will then later evaluate the interest to see if it worth making the brackets that would work on the TW. Curious what they look and how they work? Go to his website. The prices range from $220 to $250, that being small or large bags. That includes both bags and brackets. www.dbzproducts.com . His e-mail is [email protected] . You may respond to this thread but for him to see the interest you must e-mail him. He did mention that nothing could happen till Nov because currently he is busy filling orders. I will say again, you must e-mail him saying that you would be interested. Alright, thats all. I will be curious to see how it goes.

Matt

Not a bad idea ………….but check out the loop bag below-If you want to dual sport it ………..these loop style bags work real good. I have tried a lot of different things but these work the best off road and are the simplest to install on a bike no special racks or hardware required.

Hodakaguy on one of his trips used something similar. Keeps the load low on the bike for good balance, etc.

They work great -carry alot and there are various designers and price ranges-I think there is a manufacturer in Oregon. No need for a custom built set of panniers.

Hard panniers are a poor choice for serious off road-they crack and break and fall off-now if you don't fall…….

Maybe some of the members of this site might have some recommendations.

Happy Trails went out of their way to design hard panniers for the TW-if you like that style check them out. Their price is fair for hard panniers.

Just a thought ----check it out

Mike

Contact them and see what deal they provide on a GROUP BUY!!!!!
just a thought

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm interested.

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
I like the brackets, but already have some panniers.

·
Registered
522 Posts
@ auto360

Thanks for mentioning dbzproducts, I had a look at their brackets and they seem the right solution for me. Of course they don't sell TW-specific brackets yet, so I will try to make them myself. This is by far the simplest design I've seen. I just got a pair of small saddle bags from louis.de, now I just need a welding machine!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts