TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new rack smallpic.png

finished the hitch rack today, I had a welder friend and I built it ( I was the lackie doing a lot of the grinding) but I did play with the plasma cutter!! And I painted it!
It is obnoxious green so people see, and don't smash in to it!!! I will post pics with the bike on it soon.... The paint needs to dry! it is that new!

this is my buddies business site Mofab

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
Looks like it was made special to accommodate our large rear tire. That's a cool idea, and with that color, it should be noticed! On the right kind of vehicle, hitch carriers work pretty darn good. My father-in-law welded one up for me and I love it...when I use it! I also bought those magnet extension tail lights and mount on the rail in-between my tires. You have extensions that would work for this too! Have fun riding up yonder.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! How does it attach to the truck?
It fits in the 2 inch receiver, and the bars that go under the bumper on ether side rest on the under side of hitch to keep it from wobbling and extra beef.
when the bike is in in with the tie down straps it does not move at all! My old Dakota better hold up carrying it!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Three points of attachment...great idea! My rack, (custom built by the welder friend of another forum member who loaned and later sold it to me), mounts only at the receiver and yes, wobbles more than I'd like. I can take some of that out of it with some additional ratchet straps, but your design gives me some ideas for a retrofit.

You ought to see of your welder buddy would be interested in taking orders for his design. I'd bet he's do pretty well, though like most heavy stuff like this, shipping would be the killer.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Yep, Mr. Bracket has the deluxe model of the antitwitch hitch doodad. I've got an even simpler version but it does tighten things up so less shake. Great job on the rack, and yes I'd suggest additional lights (the LED trailer lights are getting to be cheap too). I hate thinking about my TW being used as a bumper so I'm for keeping the crazy behind me off my bike. Cheers and happy travels. Tom

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Three points of attachment...great idea! My rack, (custom built by the welder friend of another forum member who loaned and later sold it to me), mounts only at the receiver and yes, wobbles more than I'd like. I can take some of that out of it with some additional ratchet straps, but your design gives me some ideas for a retrofit.

You ought to see of your welder buddy would be interested in taking orders for his design. I'd bet he's do pretty well, though like most heavy stuff like this, shipping would be the killer.
we are close north port WA 20 min drive so could be a possible

1 - 14 of 14 Posts