TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tw speedo has a bold red line starting at 55 mph. I suppose it indicates that i should not (could not) exceed 55. What is the consensus regarding riding in the red line?

·
Registered
303 Posts
The actual redline for the TW is generally considered to be 9,000rpm. It doesn't have a limiter though. With stock gearing, 9000rpm is roughly 70mph actual (or about 76 indicated on stock front tire). A stock engine doesn't have power to pull that fast without a substantial downhill.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I may have got an "87" engine on mine by mistake. I have about 500 miles on it and it will do 70 uphill riding 2-up. With some left. Completely stock.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
it will do 70 uphill riding 2-up. With some left.
sounds like you are riding near the Mystery Spot or Confusion Hill... gravity is warped, time is bent, water flows up hill.
Mystery-Spot-Santa-Cruz-2-640x426.jpg 1200px-KLAMATH_RIVER_-_NARA_-_543095.jpg
IMG_0593.jpg

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I may have got an "87" engine on mine by mistake. I have about 500 miles on it and it will do 70 uphill riding 2-up. With some left. Completely stock.
Not saying you are wrong but will say you should get a GPS unit for a few rides to track your accurate speed and compare it to your speedo. Bone stock, 2 up and 70 MPH going up hill sounds like quite a stretch for the little TW mule. I have hit 70 on a couple of my full stock TWs but always on a down grade and in a full tuck posture. I am talking Miles per hour and not KPH.

GaryL

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have not gps'ed it yet. Only did it once. Yes in mph. Was being a little humorous in last post. It will do it tho. Waiting to get more miles on it before really opening it up. I think I may have gotten a "good one" as they say.

Or this...
"sounds like you are riding near the Mystery Spot or Confusion Hill... gravity is warped, time is bent, water flows up hill."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts