TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted a TW in Fryeburg Maine last week and did not get a chance to stop and talk to the owner.
Was it any of the members on here I am wondering??

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not me , Keith, but during the summer months I'm in Moultonborough, NH, not all that far from Fryburg. Where are you in Maine? I'm new to the T-Dub, but have been a dirt rider for decades. Right now, at 74, I pretty much stick to dirt roads. We have some great ones in my area of NH.

Will

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Hey, somebody older than myself. I'm not the greyhair anymore!
Mel
Yeah, but you're still up there pretty close ya ol geezer.. :D

Reactions: r80rt

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
We all love ya Mel, you know that. We're only teasing...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in the same area, I travel from Bridgton Maine to Conway NH to work everyday.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
You guys up in Maine have it made if you ride a TW. I vacation up in Rockwood and around Moosehead Lake every chance I get and the miles upon miles of less traveled roads are a magnet for our bikes. If I was up there with my bike I would be off in search of the great Brook Trout streams scattered all over and in remote areas the TW can get you to. Get out and pound those dirt roads and I wish I could join you.

GaryL

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys up in Maine have it made if you ride a TW. I vacation up in Rockwood and around Moosehead Lake every chance I get and the miles upon miles of less traveled roads are a magnet for our bikes. If I was up there with my bike I would be off in search of the great Brook Trout streams scattered all over and in remote areas the TW can get you to. Get out and pound those dirt roads and I wish I could join you.

GaryL
So true Gary, right now I ride my Ural to places where the KLR650 and larger crowd do not dare. But there are some areas too narrow to get the Ural thru. When I get the TW in Jan.2014 it will be used as both commuter along with the Ural and to find these sweet backwoods spots. My normal speeds are 45- 55 mph so the Tw will fall right in line. First thing will be obtain a rack and mount fly rod holders to it. Recently got into Tenkara fishing a minimalist fly fishing arrangement and I love it it is great for bike fishing.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Last year I towed the boat from NY up to Moosehead and got blown off the lake every day we were there. We drove the Golden Road instead up to Pitstons Farm and Seeboomock fishing all those little streams and exploring all the side trails in my 4X4 Tacoma. I kept telling the wife she would be very lonely if I lived up there and had my TW. We also spent some time over in Rangely and that entire area is an explorers and fisher mans paradise.

GaryL

Reactions: keithmaine

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Hey, somebody older than myself. I'm not the greyhair anymore!
Mel
yeah, once you lose your hair, you ain't technically a greyhair anymore! ;)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
yeah, once you lose your hair, you ain't technically a greyhair anymore! ;)
NOT TRUE! I can grow grey hair on my ears better than on my head these days:(

GaryL

Reactions: joeband and Mel

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
GaryL, That Joeband knows how to spread it around!!
Mel
Yup! One of the good guys always looking to poke some fun at us old geezers. Hope he knows he is catching up.:D

GaryL

Reactions: joeband

·
Registered
363 Posts
Keith, keep my name handy and give me a shout come summer if you'd like a meet up. I'll keep you in mind too. We summer on Squam Lake and I have a few really nice trails (roads) I'd be happy to show you if you ever get to Center Harbor/Sandwich area. We get to Conway a few times a summer. Drove the Forester up Mt. Washington this past October.

Will

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
NOT TRUE! I can grow grey hair on my ears better than on my head these days:(

GaryL
do you do that comb over thing from your eyebrows to your forehead too? ;)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Yup! One of the good guys always looking to poke some fun at us old geezers. Hope he knows he is catching up.:D

GaryL
what?? have you seen my grey hair under my helmet? it's just dust from the road, or bad lighting... i still have brown hair!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, Fryeburg. There's a town I haven't thought of in ages. Grew up in West Falmouth and spent summers at a camp in Bridgeton on Highland Lake. Used to take the little campers up Jockey Cap as a day hike.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
When I was a student in Boston I had a friend that owned around 600 acres in Sanbornville N.H.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, Fryeburg. There's a town I haven't thought of in ages. Grew up in West Falmouth and spent summers at a camp in Bridgeton on Highland Lake. Used to take the little campers up Jockey Cap as a day hike.
Jockey go by it evryday and climed it so many times I know it well, Highland lake is 1/2 mile from my house. It is a great place to live.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts