TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can someone tell me tire tire sizes for my TW? I took them off when I stripped the bike down & threw the worn-out thangs away. Forgot to write down the sizes(If I only had a brain!
). Also, what are the largest size street tires that will fit?(making a brat bike). I will try to find white-walls, too.

Thanx Much!

Retro

·
Registered
19,209 Posts
Everyone should learn to do the math, it is really very easy. Metric designations are the modern standard. One should be able to go back and forth between metric and SAE without thinking. Metric system was authorized for use in US in 1866 . President Gerald Ford signed into law on dec 23, 1975 Congress's Metric Conversion Act declaring the metric system "the preferred system of weights and measurements" for official use in the US. We should all try to drag ourselves at least into the 19th century.:rolleyes:

Nominal width for a 130-80-18 is 130mm. 130mm divided by 25.4 mm/inch = 5.11 inches. Nominal sidewall height is 80% of 130mm, or 104mm ( ~4.09 inches) Nominal inflated unloaded tire height is 2x4.09 + 18 = 26.2 inches approximately.

Whether metric or older Imperial Standard please don't try to spoon on a 17 inch tire onto a 18 inch rim.:p

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Fred, as long as we have smart guys around...why learn metric?

I hate metric.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts