TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that the previous owner of my TW (recent acquisition by me) wanted to keep the tool kit as a souvenir. What consists in the tool kit that comes with the bike?

·
Registered
204 Posts
the toolkit is cheap. i have made my own with some quality components. i don't know why someone would have kept it.

the three end wrenches are 8/10, 10/12, 14/17. the closed wrench is 19/22.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank-You!
I'll opt. for better quality and selection of sizes on my next tool kit

·
Registered
112 Posts
Check out CruzTools they make MC specific kits of very high quality tools in a sturdy nylon bag with HD zipper. I'm sure you could source similar tools cheaper but not better or more conveniently.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My complaint with Yamaha is the small area for tool storage, you cannot store long wrenches, or any extra tools in their storage area. Other than add on tubes, such as the welding rod carrier I attached to my rear rack, does any one have suggestions or pictures of tool storage ideas?

·
Registered
158 Posts
My complaint with Yamaha is the small area for tool storage, you cannot store long wrenches, or any extra tools in their storage area. Other than add on tubes, such as the welding rod carrier I attached to my rear rack, does any one have suggestions or pictures of tool storage ideas?

I just purchased 4 of these . Heck, they are so cheap i could not pass them up.

storage containers

Other members have installed these on thier TDubs and seem to like them.

the famous storage tube

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just ordered 3 storage tubes along with my rear cyclorack. I don't plan to use the tool storage area that came with the bike.

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
I'll call this the Cresenthammer. Kind of a neat idea. I might make one of these for not just the TW, but for other vehicles/uses. Can also make different sized cresenthammer's as well.

Found this is a guy's post on PNWDualSport Website and thought I would share.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'll call this the Cresenthammer. Kind of a neat idea. I might make one of these for not just the TW, but for other vehicles/uses. Can also make different sized cresenthammer's as well.

Very cool idea... Everyone uses the crescent wrench ta bang on things anyway!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts

Looks like something you could market!....hmmm.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I ended up making up a small toolkit - I had a giveaway kit from Saudi Aramco that had a 1/4 drive with a 8 and 10 mm socket, pliers, screwdriver and Allen head wrenches - I added a $1 tube socket in 18 x 19 mm (that does spark plug and wheel bolts) and a good quality large jaw crescent wrench and I seem to fine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks like a CRAMMER to me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts