TW200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love doing trail maintenance clearing branches and digging ditches to drain muddy and eroded areas. So I keep with me a 14 inch tramontina bolo machete a small mattock and a stanley 14 inch handsaw.
Really useful to have and it makes you feel good about yourself to leave a trail better rather than worse for your use of it.

As a child and movie watcher of the 80s I learned that all your problems in life will be solved by a machete. Crocodile Dundee Rambo and many other hero's agree!

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Back in my hunting club days while doing trail clean up off my ATV I carried all the necessary tools. The GI folding shovel with the spade and pick came in handy lots of times and I still have a collapsible band saw that has 3 different band blades that store inside of it. I can hack branches, bone and even mild steel with the various blades and it is just about the size of your machete when folded. I also carried a small Husky chain saw with a 12 inch blade for fallen trees across our trails and the ATV had a winch that came in handy a lot. These past few weeks around here where I live I should have had my trail box in my 4 runner. Storms have caused trees falling and blocking the rural roads all around us and my wife had to miss a half day of work because one road was blocked and the other road she can take was also blocked by an auto accident that hit a fallen tree and then that car got slammed by the next one coming around the blind curve. During the clean up with both the fire/police and tow truck on the scene and while winching the first car onto the flat bed another pickup came barreling down and slammed into them all. What a mess and some very serious injuries to the flat bed operator.

GaryL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts