TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

TW Trunk/gangbox

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jtomelliott49 
#1 ·
My dad recently fabricated an exact replica of a TW rear rack that was on cycle racks.com, and he welded it, fabricated it, and smoothed it out so its almost exactly the same thing, anyway, i wanted trunk for the back of it like i thought at first maybe just an aluminum toolbox, but after searching for everything having to do with containment at all, still had nothing:mad:. I was wondering if anybody had any idea about a nice trunk, not an actual one, that would be too much money, but like my max price is probably $70, I'd like either really strong hard plastic, or aluminum, waterproof, rounded (preferably rounded angles/edges, but 90 degree angles are ok) box with rough sizes of about: length 22-24", width 12-16", and height 20-24". If anyone could help me find anything, even any ideas would be nice::p, because I've been looking all day and its incredibly frustrating:mad: when you still don't even have anything close to what you're looking for. Thanks, M4

#3 ·
Believe it or not, I've been thinking about using a vintage Samsonite suitcase. They're cheap, come in a wide variety of sizes... totally customizable with paint, and usually still have working locks. Don't know how waterproof they are, but you can always put your stuff in a plastic bag.
https://www.google.com/#tbm=shop&q=ebay+old+samsonite+hardside

#4 ·
look into surplus military shipping containers. I use a container that was used to ship night vision goggles. Its smaller than the sizes you stated, but its totally weather proof. Other sizes boxes are out there. Just giving you more things to search that may suit your needs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.