TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
A 5.50-6.00 x 14 might work OK, if such a size is even available. I am in need of a rear tube myself. But I cringe at the thought of asking how much they go for at the dealer, considering the extremely limited applications for that particular size.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
A 5.50-6.00 x 14 might work OK, if such a size is even available. I am in need of a rear tube myself. But I cringe at the thought of asking how much they go for at the dealer, considering the extremely limited applications for that particular size.
I just bought one online I think it was $16

Bridgestone 180/80-14 TR-4 Valve

·
Registered
194 Posts
Maybe if you use a pair of them.

That's actually a very ingenious idea. The obvious advantage would be that you could ride the bike home after the tire suffers a puncture, because the likeliness is high that only 1 of the 2 tubes would get punctured!

But the issue that would need to be over come, is how to properly address the dual valve stem situation.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
That's actually a very ingenious idea. The obvious advantage would be that you could ride the bike home after the tire suffers a puncture, because the likeliness is high that only 1 of the 2 tubes would get punctured!

But the issue that would need to be over come, is how to properly address the dual valve stem situation.

Just drill another hole in the rim 180 degrees from the existing one.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
www.americanmototire.com has the OEM Bridgestone 180/80-14 tube for $21.41 including shipping to the 48 contiguous states. They have a variety of tubes suitable for the front ranging from $15-30. Be sure to account for taxes and shipping when comparing costs--some suppliers nail you with shipping and handling charges.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts