TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the registration renewal in the mail and it finally broke the $100 mark -- now it costs $104. Back in 2009 when I bought this bike it cost $71.

I have to thank Democraps in Sacramento -- especially our Governor Jerry Brown. He spends all the money and then complains we are broke and raises taxes. How about cutting spending? Jerry, ever think of that?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a few friends that think registration on fuel efficient vehicles like motorcycles and hybrids will see the biggest increase in registration since they'll pay less at the pump in taxes. Hope that's not the case since I have two street legal bikes. I hate Jerry Brown and California lawmakers. If I wasn't so deep in my job and family I'd leave California in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
It is not California that is the problem. Actually quite a gorgeous state and great place to hang your hat. The problem as I see it is the same as here in NY, so many idiots who have the right to vote but don't know their ass from their elbow. I would be willing to bet that more than half of your most vocal voters could not name the Vice President of this country right now but they sure as hell hate Donald Trump. The solution is actually quite simple, quit voting for these liberal asshats and everything will be OK.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
In general every "YES" vote = more restrictions, more bureaucrats and more taxes.
You are 100% correct if you mean every Yes vote for the same old idiots. It is not very likely that your state or mine will ever wake up and smell the stink of the $hit heads they elect. This is another pretty simple thing to do, just go back 30,40 or 50 years and determine what party has been most prevalent over those years and you will have the answer.

GaryL

·
Registered
6 Posts
"Liberal asshat" here. The VP is Mike Pence, and the registration fees go to many things including maintenance of the roads and bridges that you use every day.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I just did 4 bikes here in NY. $42.50 each no matter what it is, model, year, HP. No breaks.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
"Liberal asshat" here. The VP is Mike Pence, and the registration fees go to many things including maintenance of the roads and bridges that you use every day.
Welcome to the forum TWfox. Sorry if I or we might have poked a nerve but that argument is not going to cut it. Take a quick look at the tax you pay on every gallon of gas or oil you all buy that is supposed to go toward road and bridge maintenance and then multiply those taxes by the number of gallons you all out in Ca. buy and there is enough there to rebuild every freaking road in this country and a new Stairway to Heaven. Your state government just like mine here in NY is so bloated and dishonest you and I will never know half of the truth but they do have you believing. California does not own and never has drilled a single drop of oil from the ground yet they make more in taxes on every gallon of gas and oil than the oil company that did the work. No offence meant here but you should probably pull your head out of that drill hole and do a bit of research on where the money actually comes from and where it goes. Your politicians and mine have some of us baffled with their brilliance but I hopped on a much different train. We fought and won a war over this garbage way way back, "No Taxation Without Representation" or so we have been led to believe. A simple pack of smokes costs about a dollar to produce but by the time it gets in your pocket in NY City it is over $10, all taxes!

GaryL

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
For information purposes only. On our trip to Moab all the roads and rest stops in Utah were beautiful. On our way through California ALL the rest stops were closed for remodeling even ones that looked in perfect condidtion. Not one opened between Nevada and San Diego. The roads were in terrible shape. The CA taxes that are already on gasoline are for repairs and improvments where did that money go as someone already pointed out? And this is not counting federal gas taxes for interstate highways where did that go? Compare the population of CA to Utah and calculate the billions of gallons of gas sold and used in CA to Utah. Check out this article about CA gas taxes.

California gas taxes: Higher than advertised - Watchdog.org

And this is before the increase.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Take for instance here in NY where we began building the NY State Thruway system back in the 1940s-50s. The tolls were designed to be abolished once the original bond used to finance the build was paid off. The bond was paid in full back in 1996 but instead of abolishing the tolls, NY saw a cash cow they would never let die and increased the tolls. Some of the bridges and tunnels going in to NY City are outrageously expensive just to cross, over $10 in tolls for some. I live 80 miles north of NY City and on a recent trip to the city I spent $23 in tolls alone.

Start adding up all the taxes on oil and gas and tolls paid to drive on these roads and every one of them should be paved in gold. Here in NY just like in California we the idiots keep electing and reelecting the same old crew who have taken an oath to screw us every way they can think of by adding new taxes and fees and increasing the costs of living in these states. The most common practice here in the great state of NY is to work your life, save your nest egg for retirement and then get the hell out of here going south to any number of other states that are less costly to live and have much nicer weather. We can sell our NY home for $300K and go to South Carolina or Florida and buy a nicer home for $100K. The real problem with this practice however is when a NY er moves south they carry with them their liberal ignorance and start voting for more of the same crap they are running from. Pretty soon the cheaper states will no longer be any less expensive because we bring our demands and dopey politics with us.

You guys out in Cal. might think running to TX or AZ is a good plan but too bad you will screw those states up quick enough. The real definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Good luck with that so just pay your outrageous registration fees and STFU because you all voted for it. OH, BTW, I have six guys on the highway crew repairing the road out front. One guy has a shovel and the other 5 are directing him and that is completely acceptable.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Lol... NJ has an exit tax. You need to BUY your way out!

You can't just sell YOUR house and leave (without paying up)...

On the brite side we're not seeing the (put word of choice here) violently protesting at our colleges and attacking people yet (think California as in yesterday). Luckily, as of now they're all corralled (for the most part) into the bigger cities. Look at the voters rolls here you'll see that there are well defined lines regarding where the xxxx's breed and live. I'm in the safe zone. It's like living in a mini series here in NJ.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Lol... NJ has an exit tax. You need to BUY your way out!

You can't just sell YOUR house and leave (without paying up)...

On the brite side we're not seeing the (put word of choice here) violently protesting at our colleges and attacking people yet (think California as in yesterday). Luckily, as of now they're all corralled (for the most part) into the bigger cities. Look at the voters rolls here you'll see that there are well defined lines regarding where the xxxx's breed and live. I'm in the safe zone. It's like living in a mini series here in NJ.
NJ and NY are very similar in this manner and I suspect Cal. is too. I love the maps showing the states by counties in both red for republican and blue for democrat. NY is a mostly red republican state geographically and the blue shows up in just the major metropolitan areas such as NY City, Albany, Rochester and Buffalo where the largest numbers of the population in this state live. In a 2 mile radius from my home there are exactly 15 people who live here. In a 2 mile radius from the center of NY City there are close to 10 million voters. I am quite sure the numbers are the same in NJ and Cal. Stuff 10 pounds of people into a 5 pound sack and you end up with liberal democrats. Look across this entire nation and the reds stand out as the vast majority with blue specks sprinkled about in the metro populated areas. This is the exact reason why our founding fathers made the rule that the electoral college decides the Presidency rather than the popular vote totals. NY and California alone could sway every federal election to go democrat if not for the electoral college. Admiral and the Mrs. would have absolutely no reason to even bother voting and states such as Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Utah and Nevada would be ruled by the will of the populous coastal regions.

Trump did not win in the popular vote tally but he kicked A$$ in the electoral college count. There are no riots here where I live and the folks are quite happy with the election outcome but go into the metro areas and they are all still totally in denial that they lost. If the democrats had won they would say it was the will of the people. Because they lost they now claim Trump cheated and he is not the rightful President because he lost the popular vote. I do hope they can all find a safe space sooner or later and dry up their tears and get over their anger.

GaryL

·
Registered
326 Posts
Until the election of william clinton California typically was split but usually voted for repubs. TX was the opposite situation. Since then CA and TX have switch who they voted for TX has since had a right leaning state legislature and CA is now about 65/35, left/right.
These are facts. Also that CA has continually brought in more money but has continually spent more than they bring in. TX on the other hand has a balanced budget.
The left can point at where all of the money goes but it is a fact that the left controls all of the spending and continues to over spend. That is a fact. The roads, Bridges, dams, and most state ran infrastructure are all in great need of basic maintenance and or repair. Or schools are some of the most expensive in the country boy no longer considered along the best in fact many of the larger school districts have a hard time meeting average tests scores. That's the reason they are perpetually changing how students are taught and how to treat them. You can't compare older scores because they don't take the same tests.
I've been to TX many times in the last few years and overall most roads are in better condition than here. NYC streets were terrible but on the way to the Catskill area the highway and side streets were good.
I'm tired of informing people about CAs issues bit most don't care because they are doing fine.
CAs larges employers are now the state, insurance companies, home, car and health, and Banks. Even with the boom of IPOs and silicon valley, design, engineering and manufacturing are getting smaller and smaller. CA is only a huge service industry state.
It's rather ironic that we have Kaiser medical/healthcare system but what spawned it, Kaiser Steel, has been dead for decades. That should tell anyone there might be a problem now or looming in your business horizon.

·
Registered
323 Posts
HA!! Thread about registration fees. No-one likes paying more. How about taxes on personal property (cars,motorcycles,campers, utility trailers, if it has wheels and is road legal). No escaping from taxes.

Now a lot of talk about TOLLS being brought back into Connecticut..UGH!!! Politicians are dumb.. They don't know how to be efficient, except at spending taxpayer dollars, they are really expert at that.
"Leave no penny unspent!!" Should be the motto here....

Reactions: socalnative

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
HA!! Thread about registration fees. No-one likes paying more. How about taxes on personal property (cars,motorcycles,campers, utility trailers, if it has wheels and is road legal). No escaping from taxes.

Now a lot of talk about TOLLS being brought back into Connecticut..UGH!!! Politicians are dumb.. They don't know how to be efficient, except at spending taxpayer dollars, they are really expert at that.
"Leave no penny unspent!!" Should be the motto here....
Conn. is no different from the entire NE or New England region along with the entire coastal western regions. As long as we all keep voting into office the same bafoons election after election there is no reason to ever expect much in the line of change. Try not to take this wrong but there is very little difference between republicans and democrats where a pile of money is concerned. Pigs to the troth is the best description I can come up with.

GaryL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts