TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my sprockets (rear and front ) and after putting all the TW together, I can not start the TW. I just hear noise from the battery. I was very careful not to touch any electrical when reassembling the front case. Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
All I would say is that you messed up a wire coming off the stator. Will it crank at all? Or does it not fire while cranking over?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
no, it does not crank up, just a buzzing noise is coming for the battery area. might have to open it all up again.

thanks for your advise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i read some about the torque applied to the bolts when putter the strator back can make the bike not start? any truth to that? Sound impossible

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that is good advise. the battery had no water in it so let me charge it before considering your kind offer!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Definitely start with the battery. If it is low on acid it's not going to work or will not work very well if it is. Rule the battery out first then look into the next logical possibility.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for all the advise. The battery charged up and the Tw started right away. Had no problem since.
Glad it was not the stator. Learning my new bike and loving the ride. Always drove 600 and Above but loving the cruising on the Tw
Thanks again for all the advise.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Thank you for all the advise. The battery charged up and the Tw started right away. Had no problem since.
Glad it was not the stator. Learning my new bike and loving the ride. Always drove 600 and Above but loving the cruising on the Tw
Thanks again for all the advise.
Did you lay your bike on its side when you changed the front sprocket without removing the battery? I think I would have missed that as well. All I foreseen was the gas leaking out.

Im glad to see you were successful on the repair. Good Job Tansoo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts