TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys,

i was thinking if it would be possible to convert a tw125 to a 200 or 225.

wil it be a hard thing to do?will i have later on any break downs or any kind of problems?

also any possible conversion of rear drum to disc brake for greater stopping power?(i know its not a beast when it comes to power but i think it would make me feel safer or something like that).

another thing is that my ear caught a rumor for a fuel injected tw200 or 225?is this correct or still just a rumor?

the metalhead.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Contact uktw and macbigk for engine options. The stock rear has been converted to disc and an R6 rear has been adapted with its disc. Search the forums.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Cut and pasted from my earlier reply.

Yes it can be done, here's a brief summary: Buy a 200cc crankshaft and balancer, piston, cylinder, cylinder head. Strip everything out of your 125 crank cases, bolt them back together empty, bore out the opening to accept the bigger cylinder. Reassemble with the 200 components and rejet your carb.

The bike will be very low geared with the 125 primary reduction and 125 clutch basket, so ideally you want the 200 primary and clutch basket but that's not essential.

You can substitute 200 for 225 Serow, TTR etc if you want to go to 225.

Or alternatively put the TW gearbox components and side cover into a Xt225 Serow engine

I have done all the above and it's worth it to me because I like messing with engines and bought the parts one by one when they became available on ebay for a cheap price.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info guys. will start the research on the parts now and hopefully they are available in a good price....

btw uktw i just send you a pm for this topic as qwerty adviced but it seems your to fast for pms...

thanks again guys,

the metalhead.

P.S as soon i find all the needed parts and have the time i will post the progress here.

P.P.S
i cant find any topics about the disc brakes or the r6 conversion...cant figure out why....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you know, If is any set of components (crankshaft piston, cylinder, cylinder head etc) for change TW 125 to TW 200?

·
Super Moderator
17,631 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts