TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1994 tw200
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, I recently purchased a 1994 TW200, and the air intake box was missing.
My question is will any tw air intake, fit any year tw? I called the Local Yamaha dealer, and he said that all he could tell me was that the parts number had changed, but he had no idea if they were all interchangeable. Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im not much help, but i broke a couple mounting tabs on my 89's air box, and the cheapest for a new airbox was Partzilla, only $30 ish bucks! I havent installed the new box yet, but will in next few weeks

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If it’s just that piece in your picture, I don’t think the part number changed. You can check the numbers on Partzilla. If you also need the covers, I don’t think those part numbers changed either.

Im not questioning your dealer’s advice, just letting you know what I found and you can check it too. Maybe I looked at the wrong part. If you bought an older bike without an airbox, and you would like to do your own maintenance and repairs, you should get used to looking up the parts diagrams and part numbers. Cheers

·
Registered
95 Posts
The carb changed in 2000 that is going to affect the air boot. if the dealer was not so lazy he would have seen there is a part number supersession and the old box is replaced by the new number. The supersession number is reference to a change in the supplier not the part

·
Registered
95 Posts
Every dealer should know about how the part number system works with yamaha

Part Number in the format XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
The first three digits are the Model Code (every model in the Yamaha Product Line has a unique model number) all parts are given a Model Code of the first model they were used on.
XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
The middle five digits are the Basic Code number and indicates the actual part, i.e. 11631 = piston; 11311 = cylinder, etc.
"W" substituted in the first position of this five-digit group (000-W0000-00-00) indicates a factory assembled kit which differs in content from the original assembly used in production (i.e. 2M0-W0046-00-00 – Rear Break Pad assembly).
XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
The next two digits are the Design Code and Design Change digits (so 01 means the part has had one design change). This part may or may not appear different, but it will be interchangeable with the original part.
XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
The last two digits are the Color or Finish Code.

·
Registered
1994 tw200
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the great advice. I have one on the way.

·
Registered
1994 tw200
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is my first post, I recently purchased a 1994 TW200, and the air intake box was missing.
My question is will any tw air intake, fit any year tw? I called the Local Yamaha dealer, and he said that all he could tell me was that the parts number had changed, but he had no idea if they were all interchangeable. Thanks View attachment 212217
Thank you, with the new air box there are 2 vent outlets one for the crank case vent, and not sure what the other one goes to, its located on the bottom of the airbox just below the crank vent. Maybe its a vent but i have know hose came with so not sure the size even? any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
That port on the bottom is for a drain tube, which is short piece of translucent tubing that collects any excess oil or water from the airbox.

·
Registered
1994 tw200
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That port on the bottom is for a drain tube, which is short piece of translucent tubing that collects any excess oil or water from the airbox.
Thank you, you dont happen to know what size tubing do you?
THanks again.
Keith

·
Registered
911 Posts
Not what youre asking but just make sure that the rubber boot hasnt shrunk on the airbox. I think its fairly common after a certain age and can make it sort of impossible to really seal it up to the carb. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1994 tw200
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, with the new air box there are 2 vent outlets one for the crank case vent, and not sure what the other one goes to, its located on the bottom of the airbox just below the crank vent. Maybe its a vent but i have know hose came with so not sure the size even? any ideas? Thanks
Not what youre asking but just make sure that the rubber boot hasnt shrunk on the airbox. I think its fairly common after a certain age and can make it sort of impossible to really seal it up to the carb. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk
I replaced the air intake boot and the manifold both. Getting ready to ride!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts