TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 TW200 and was wondering if anyone has ever tried to convert one of these from a manual clutch shift to an automatic clutch shifter. I would like the autoclutch for trail riding in tight rough areas where it would stall really easily with manual clutch. I was thinking that the Yamaha Timberwolf 250 (really 225) which has an automatic clutch 5spd trans and wondered if those autoclutch parts would fit in TW200 case.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
FYI. There is a discussion thread dated 7-8-2007 by badfish In the old forum archives, Technical Help Thread on page 49, that talkes about an automatic clutch for the TW.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have a 1991 TW200 and was wondering if anyone has ever tried to convert one of these from a manual clutch shift to an automatic clutch shifter. I would like the autoclutch for trail riding in tight rough areas where it would stall really easily with manual clutch. I was thinking that the Yamaha Timberwolf 250 (really 225) which has an automatic clutch 5spd trans and wondered if those autoclutch parts would fit in TW200 case.

The short answer is NO...but if one were determined enough, they might be able to hybrid out an old three wheeler YTM bottom end (one of those that lacked pull start) with a TW tranny mainshaft and side cover........but it would still be a load of problems and wouldn't fit, because the atv cases have an intermediate case, that I believe makes the engine wider, and would cause all manner of issues with the right side footpegs, frame, and brake operation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts