TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's something I've been working on for the TW200, a pair of auxiliary LED light mounts. :)

The photo shows 3D printed plastic prototypes which aren't really road worthy. The end product will be 1/8" stainless steel.

More to come soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Lower triple clamp bolts appear to attach the new black prototype light brackets. Brackets seem to be angles bent at ~45 degrees.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I like the concept and the flexibility that it can add for additional do-dads. One thought, can you integrate some strap hooks into the sides for tie down points?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at adding a tie-down point in the downward direction and it looked like a fatigue crack waiting to happen. Adding the tie-down in the outboard direction would require removing the reflectors which makes me a bit uneasy.

I like the concept and the flexibility that it can add for additional do-dads. One thought, can you integrate some strap hooks into the sides for tie down points?

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
I looked at adding a tie-down point in the downward direction and it looked like a fatigue crack waiting to happen. Adding the tie-down in the outboard direction would require removing the reflectors which makes me a bit uneasy.
Just a thought about the removal of the reflectors on the fork. I saw a member here, can't remember who, who had orange reflector tape on each side of the headlight cowling. I have removed my reflectors as they seemed to catch a lot of bushes, but the reflector tape got me thinking. Of course, I don't know the legalities of the reflector tape replacing the actual reflectors. Maybe the "real" reflectors could be repositioned somewhere else up front thus allowing your tie-down points on said lights.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Admiral, take a look at my bike out in your garage. I have 3m reflector tape on the forks because I used the reflector brackets.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Cool. Look forward to your updates.

When I first got my TW, my first and only motorcycle, I lost control on gravel and slid into an out building and snagged the reflector which almost sent me flying and bent the mount backwards. Disliking the reflectors and risk they posed ( how ironic is that) I turned them around to point backwards. I eventually got my front rack and ditched the reflectors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The JNS LED mounts are now available. :)

Yamaha TW200 Archives - JNS Engineering

Cool. Look forward to your updates.

When I first got my TW, my first and only motorcycle, I lost control on gravel and slid into an out building and snagged the reflector which almost sent me flying and bent the mount backwards. Disliking the reflectors and risk they posed ( how ironic is that) I turned them around to point backwards. I eventually got my front rack and ditched the reflectors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It all depends on budget. Cyclops Adventure Sports and VisionX are great manufacturers ($200-$300). There are also several cheap options available on Amazon or eBay ($20-$60).

Looks good, just ordered. Any light recommendations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Really looking to add more lights. Have added to my Grizzly, and the LED's are at least 4 times brighter than stock.
Need to look this over and check out my options, but may have to place an order for some mounts. Have the Cree 6 LED lights
and thinking to mount both. Or maybe changing to a LED headlight replacement??
The headlight is just not very bright at night on the pavement.

Any way you could post a bigger or closer pic of the mounts for the TW?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've got a 5 gallon pail half full of reflectors I've pulled from may TW's when installing racks and customers didn't want the reflectors any longer. I'd gladly sacrifice my reflectors for something functional like a tie down or light mount
Nice to know you have a pail full of reflectors, because I keep smashing mind, willing to take a few off your hands, just tell me what type of arrangements you would like. Just send me a PM, be easier this way.

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts