TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My front brake fluid reservoir is scratched up, (hand-me-down bike). Can find any good caps for it.

I don’t want the whole assembly, just the cap.

I found a few on amazon, ebay, ali express.

Looking for fully black or mostly black with small or cool(not chinese, won’t get made fun of) logo.

Let me know.
2019 TW200 cap is 2” x 1.1/4”

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'd be curious how bad it looks, but I also think it's just part of having brake fluid near paint. At least in my case, it's not scratches so much as flaked paint.

·
Registered
234 Posts
One thing I’ve found on almost all of the TW’s I’ve purchased used is the previous owners had filled the front brake reservoir to the top. This caused it to leak, which trashed the paint. Easy fix. I just put the cap to the wire brush on the bench grinder being careful to avoid the gasket surface. Then I sanded and wire brushed the main unit. One was so bad I had to use my Harbor Freight cheapy sand blaster. For this operation I just removed the unit from the handlebars and let it hang from the rubber brake line. This kept me from having to bleed the brakes. I left the cap in place and placed some duct tape where I didn’t want to etch with the sand. A quick coat of primer and then some Gloss Black paint and it’s good as new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts