TW200 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
vanvan is the best bang for the buck I've ever seen I wonder if they are seeing a covid price jump like TW's or if they are still unknown I need to watch the vanvan market again
I thought that Suzuki had already discontinued the VanVan in the U.S.?

·
Registered
500 Posts
2019 was the last import year. That's what year mine is. It's kinda fun riding something that nobody has ever seen before.

PS... That cross country ride that started this thread would have been a WHOooooole lot more comfortable on a VanVan.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I almost chose a Van Van, but being an orphan was a strike against it. The huge Tw owner base and aftermarket were enough to overcome the carb vs. EFI choice.

Great adventure! it makes for a dangerous reading, as I start getting my own wanderlust. Still working, and don't have the time to do things like this just yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have not been a very active member here, but I have been a TW owner for about a year now. I thought you might be interested in the adventure I took on my TW.

On May 30, 2017, I left my son's house near Easton, Maryland, headed for Andrews, North Carolina and the beginning of the Trans America Trail.

After four days, I blew a piston and came back home to Lexington, Kentucky, to get the bike repaired. Then because of an illness and other trips, I did not resume the trip until September 3.

I am a beginning off road rider, and I was riding alone. So I did not do the whole TAT, but I did much of it through North Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Colorado. I finally gave up and stuck with the pavement.

On September 25, I made it to Port Orford, Oregon. Then I had to "commute" back home to Lexington, some 2600 miles.

I made it home on October 9. For me, it was a really big adventure.

I kept a blog at another site. I didn't post here because I was a little embarrassed about my lack of experience. Still am. But if you are interested in reading all about it, you can go to my blog at:

Where's Mickey?

Of course, such blogs are chronological so if you want to start at the beginning, click on the menu at the right and go to the August 31 post and work up from there.

I have enjoyed lurking on this forum for most of this past year and appreciate all that I have learned here. Your expertise was very helpful to me on my trip.
Out of all of the farkles and updgrades, which ones were the best/totally worth the money?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have not been a very active member here, but I have been a TW owner for about a year now. I thought you might be interested in the adventure I took on my TW.

On May 30, 2017, I left my son's house near Easton, Maryland, headed for Andrews, North Carolina and the beginning of the Trans America Trail.

After four days, I blew a piston and came back home to Lexington, Kentucky, to get the bike repaired. Then because of an illness and other trips, I did not resume the trip until September 3.

I am a beginning off road rider, and I was riding alone. So I did not do the whole TAT, but I did much of it through North Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Colorado. I finally gave up and stuck with the pavement.

On September 25, I made it to Port Orford, Oregon. Then I had to "commute" back home to Lexington, some 2600 miles.

I made it home on October 9. For me, it was a really big adventure.

I kept a blog at another site. I didn't post here because I was a little embarrassed about my lack of experience. Still am. But if you are interested in reading all about it, you can go to my blog at:

Where's Mickey?

Of course, such blogs are chronological so if you want to start at the beginning, click on the menu at the right and go to the August 31 post and work up from there.

I have enjoyed lurking on this forum for most of this past year and appreciate all that I have learned here. Your expertise was very helpful to me on my trip.
My Hat is Off to you Sir!!!! What a Ride!!!

·
Super Moderator
18,611 Posts
Yeah, this whole thread is worth reading again, read his whole blog too.

This ride inspires me.

Reactions: Ken
41 - 48 of 48 Posts