TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***#TW200 Crash Bar****

In preparation for my upcoming (all dirt) trip across Michigan's Upper Peninsula (1000 mi) I had a set of crash bars fabricated for my bike, I take way too much pride in my scratch free t-dub. I am not a newbie to dirt/sand and therefore know that the bike will be on its side numerous times through this excursion, it would be foolish to expect otherwise when sand is one of your primary surfaces. I have searched relentlessly for crash bars for a dub, with no luck, so I'm posting this to show that it can be done quite easily. I paid 75 dollars for my crash bar setup, which I thought was a steal, especially in comparison to all the money I've spent farkling thus far! I tested my crash bar by setting my bike on its side in each direction, and it kept the tank, and the entire mid section of the bike off the ground, only the rear blinkers were touching, and just barely. I hope if any other members have pondered a set of crash bars that this will come in handy! Happy riding! Be safe!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Saweeeeeet! I would love to have something like that. I'm sure many of us would be willing to shovel out a few dollars for such a product (hint, hint). :cool:

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Very good idea and application.

Been thinking of such a thing myself. I even took a crash bar off one of my son's street bike to mock it up like your's, just haven't got that far. Now with your's, my brain is a think'in. Course I have other TW problems right now, so crash bars will have to wait.

Thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you guys like it!!!! I know it makes me worry a little less about sliding that pretty tank along the ground. I would be happy to ask my fabricator to make a couple. The only possible problem would be that a tab was welded to the frame just above the vin tag, and also that my bike has the immix racing skid, which he used to attach it to, on the lower mount.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Padilen $75.00 for brush guard. 100.00 for skid, but he would need the skid put on first. So he has the exact dimensions to attach it to.I believe that the immix skid (mine) and the ricochet skid are the same, or close enough. I will speak with him this evening about it, and get back to ya. We could work something out since you're not too far away.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Thanks but I wanted for all to have all the info. But I have been thinking about a skid plate change. If your guy can weld aluminum he could make the skids to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotcha. I'm sure he could. Lemme know if u want me to look into anything for ya, or if u have any dimension questions as I know you're extremely handy.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
nice! I think someone on this forum was talking about highway pegs. looks like could possibly attach some folding pegs to your nice crash bar set up.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Brilliant, simple and very useful. I saved a leg and a cylinder head on an old BMW 75/5 with cylinder crash bars in a rather high speed wipeout once. The leather jacket was a bit ground and the bike and me were a bit sore, but got through it. Crash bars serve a definite purpose. Excellent.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
You should get some folding highway pegs and put on the bar for long rides.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Got a pair of those on my Harley. They are pretty nice.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I have some I put on my DR650 when I do a long ride I also move back and forth on the seat and stand up on the pegs for the numb butt, I mount them on my Crash bar. 1604302_10201998379993156_674983784_o.jpg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts