TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and to TW200's. First of all thanks to all the memebers who have posted thier technical know how on here, it's been realy intereting and helpfull inormation.

I recently purchased a second hand TW in Thailand and am planning a Japanese custom style build.

I live on a small island wich only has one concerte road and most of the island gets washed out in rainy season, leaving muddy and rocky trails. there is a fair amount of medium depth sand too. I looked at a quad initialy but they are not road legal and then came across the TW200 and loved its fat tyre look. perfect hight for my wife to use too!

My question is has anyone ever considered putting a Maxxis Bighorn tyre on the front and rear? I have managed to find a second hand tripple tree (Abeard type for fat wheel) and forks and would like some beefy tyres on it. Unfortunataly i am not at home to mesure the forks at the moment i am offshore. does anyone know the width of an inflated bighorn on a tw wheel? Do you think it would be a bit to difficult to handle? My second option is veerubber 275's.

I will post some pics of my build as it progresses. Not everyone on here's type of thing i know.

Slightly off topic i have seen the guys in here from the US have trouble finding second hand engines and several would like tw225 engines. the guy who is doing the work for me (would love to do it myself but no tools or garage here) has a bunch of used tw parts he buys and sells and i saw a few engines. All ex japanese stuff. if anyone is interested in what he has pm me for details and i will put you in touch with him. Will be back in BKK in a 10 days and may purchase a 225 engine myself, if he has one. If not there seem to be a fair amount of 225's in thailand for sale so worth considering if your on the hunt for a second hand engine. not sure if people here have looked at this option concerning engine upgrades?

Build is still early stages but will post as i go along. excuse poor picture will try to take some larger images later.

Any comments or sujestions welcome.

Dave.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Welcome Dave! This forum is indeed full of invaluable information.

Keep us updated on your project.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
There is a pinned thread in one of the forums on this site with info on an ATV tire on the rear. Maybe move the stock rear tire to the front? Some of the Japanese bikes have done that.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a pinned thread in one of the forums on this site with info on an ATV tire on the rear. Maybe move the stock rear tire to the front? Some of the Japanese bikes have done that.

I think i am going to have to go with stock rears on front and back, as cant find any ATV's here in thailand that fit, even tried the maxxis factory!

thanks for the advice.

Dave

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi Dave

You can contact Kyosuke in Japan, he's member of the Yokohama TW club there and can make cool customzed bikes.

I couldn't meet him when I was there but I scheduled to visit his club when I'm back to Japan (april)

A Beard parts are made on demand, you have to prepaid them cause they don't keep any stock.

Cheers

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Dave

You can contact Kyosuke in Japan, he's member of the Yokohama TW club there and can make cool customzed bikes.

I couldn't meet him when I was there but I scheduled to visit his club when I'm back to Japan (april)

A Beard parts are made on demand, you have to prepaid them cause they don't keep any stock.

Cheers
Thanks for the info mame. i should be home in a few days and will be able to mesure up then. i think i am going to look into getting a spare engine for the build too. Somthing i can beef up a bit. perhaps a modified 6 speed Tw225 if i can find one. Then change cams and bore it if possible as a side project.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi dave

You're welcome, I'm waiting for an answer from my friend Reggy but I don't think he's back to Northern Thailand yet, he must be somewhere between Laos and Malaysia

I will be back to Japan in April so please let me know if you've planned to go there.

Thanks and have a great afternoon

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Here's one I saw out of Singapore

Turning that much rubber has got to be a chore after a while.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Rats another double post. What the heck is wrong with my laptop?

Wish there was a delete post button.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi

Cool, thanks for the pic, it looks more like Thai style than Japanese but cool (double headlight set is inspired by Kitaco one)

I'm sure the owner is a fireman or something

Cheers

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rats another double post. What the heck is wrong with my laptop?

Wish there was a delete post button.
Nice post rich,

Double headlight is cool. Not sure about the horizontal seat and colour though! each to thier own i guess, good to see new ideas. Yea i'll let you know how it is turning that fat front wheel, i need the exersize anyway.

Dave

Should get the frame back from powdercoating next weekend

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi Dave

Reggy answered to my mail, you can contact him whenever you want

Cheers

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi dave

You're welcome, I'm waiting for an answer from my friend Reggy but I don't think he's back to Northern Thailand yet, he must be somewhere between Laos and Malaysia

I will be back to Japan in April so please let me know if you've planned to go there.

Thanks and have a great afternoon
Hey Mame,

No plans to visit japan unfortunataly, unless i get some work there. Would love to see the country and pick up some custom parts aswell, but just too busy to travel now with work and visiting the UK. One day i hope!

Yea sure give reggie my contact info when he is back, maybe some other members would benifit from his work also. Will search for the Kitaco bike you mention i would like to do the double headlight on mine now, looks great in the wide forks. Thanks for the idea rich.

Take it easy m8

Dave.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi

no problem , please let me know when you want to go there

I have a good friend in BKK, his name is Yos and you probably know his company: Faddybike

Cheers

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi

no problem , please let me know when you want to go there

I have a good friend in BKK, his name is Yos and you probably know his company: Faddybike

Cheers
hi mame,

no i had not heard of faddybike before but just googled him and found his website, nice but no TW's.

i find it hard to know where to go to for a good mechanic here. i think my engine needs some work doing on it. i would like to get it running well for the rebuild. i am also considering trying to source another engine to put in it as a future project. Possibly a tw225 or tuned tw200 or maybe even a bigger engine if possible. that may require a second bike though to play around with.

How do you know Thailand so well? do you visit or just through web contacts?

Cheers

Dave.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi dave

Many Japanese put SR400 tank on their TW, seems to fit with minors modifications

I realize I didn't answer you about Thailand, I work with suppliers from there

Cheers

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looks to me the original front drum brake is used on this mod-clean. I'm curious who has the hub with the spoke hole correct for this to work? I like this better than the recent rear tire swap using the rear drum on the front. Speedo will still work too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts