TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
well that was unexpected, cool, do you race it? if you do post a vid of that, I would like to see a tw in a actual race, thanx for the vid:D

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Nice video. Nice to see other tw'ers in the Indy area. Were you downtown during motogp not this year but last? I seen a 89 sitting on the circle with no fork boot covers. Also seen it on raymond street once and maybe bluff rd. I seen member "to slow" once on the road and I seen an 06 on 465 one time and thats it.tw's are more rare than Ferrari's around here. I do deliveries all over town everday and ive seen less than 5 tw's in the last 3-4 years

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm confused by that. What's the point? I come from a road racing back ground and if the point is to go as fast as possible why not get some leathers on and get his knee down? It seems to me he has his leg out for nothing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm confused by that. What's the point? I come from a road racing back ground and if the point is to go as fast as possible why not get some leathers on and get his knee down? It seems to me he has his leg out for nothing.
I suspect that going too much lower would result in the bike scraping on the track?

Interesting nontheless - thanks for posting!

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
It's pretty impressive to see how far you can lean one over. Many people lean them enough to scrape the pegs and send sparks flying. Just lean it over in your driveway sometime till the pegs touch. It's a long way. I won't do it on the road, but folks do.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's a bit like our Speedway, for the fun of it & the control skills ?

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Flat track is mostly done on a dirt oval track. The bike gets leaned way over and the rear end slides out in the corner. You wear the steel shoe to help keep stablized from laying the bike down. (all while gunning it through the corner and oversteering to keep it all in check :p ) The video above is on a paved track. What he is doing is more like road racing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thank you for watch and comment everyone. I'm glad to introduce this category of motor sport. I've been flat track racing over 15 years and still on it.
It was very short time ride when we shoot video but I could really enjoyed. Also I enjoyed make this movie as well. ( But I think flat track ride is easier than touching computers
:D. )

Race entry:
I have interest, TTR230, CRF230 is good comparison. I will see what classes TW can entry. But I need this bike for ride on street so, I can't say sure.

Dunlop K180 tire:
That tire was I brought back when I trip to Japan. I wanted to do this thing from many yeas ago when dunlop made this tire for TW size. I researched before but dunlop north america discontinued to sale K180. I wish they going to sale again in north american market with all sizes. I can order to Jpn and ship to get here but shipping cost will be much as another set of tire prices or maybe bit more..

To small's:
Yes, I think that is my bike. I'm glad to hear TW lovers from local area! I never seen other same year model as mine in Indy. I'd like to see other TW if someone ride. I will try to go to "steer inn" bikers night. That is first Thursday in every month. (Only summer time.)

About flat track:
We wear leathers when we ride large track. MX wear is lighter and flexible so, many rider using when they ride on short track. Steel shoe work well as knee slider on road racing, other name call 'lean sensor'.

Sprockets:
I use that time 15T on front and 46T for rear.

Thanks,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts