TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
I hope you get what you want.

That said...here in the Five Valleys region of Montana, where TWs are popular...I sold my 2014, with 3000 miles, for less. After some time.

You're close to the Adirondacks. Is there a market for the TW there, that you can try for more?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may be overpriced, so I'll have to see as this is my first attempt at selling it. I know the spare parts and a set of knobby & street tires with separate rims are worth something, but not entirely sure how much. I'm open to offers as well. I appreciate the input. I don't think the adirondacks have an overly large market for TWs or anything, so I may need to adjust. We'll see.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I may be overpriced, so I'll have to see as this is my first attempt at selling it. I know the spare parts and a set of knobby & street tires with separate rims are worth something, but not entirely sure how much. I'm open to offers as well. I appreciate the input. I don't think the adirondacks have an overly large market for TWs or anything, so I may need to adjust. We'll see.
At the right price I would be very interested in the spare rims and tires........

Close enough to pick up locally as well.

Tom

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Damn you Dryden, I was just going to post my desire for the set of wheels with the road tires if his buyer wants the knobby set.

Overpriced is subjective given all the spare parts you have if they all go with this sale as a package. Keep us all in mind if your future buyer only wants the bike and not the extras.

Good luck with your sale. I recently offered my 2006 for sale with only 250 miles and some nice extras for $3400 and got a bunch of absolutely ridiculous offers but no real interest so I decided to just keep it. I am in NY but the southern end near the PA/NJ borders.

GaryL

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Damn you Dryden, I was just going to post my desire for the set of wheels with the road tires if his buyer wants the knobby set.

Overpriced is subjective given all the spare parts you have if they all go with this sale as a package. Keep us all in mind if your future buyer only wants the bike and not the extras.

Good luck with your sale. I recently offered my 2006 for sale with only 250 miles and some nice extras for $3400 and got a bunch of absolutely ridiculous offers but no real interest so I decided to just keep it. I am in NY but the southern end near the PA/NJ borders.

GaryL
Kinda funny because I want the wheels more than the tires since I have had a set of road tires for over a year and just have not wanted to commit to them....

Tom

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics have been uploaded to CL listing folks.

At the right price I would be very interested in the spare rims and tires........

Close enough to pick up locally as well.

Tom

pics are up now and if you'd like to shoot me an offer i'll take a look.

GaryL
For the right price i'd be willing to switch rim setups and sell the road/black wheels separate. They are in nicer condition, and I did that purposefully so the better set was primarily used on the road. All the extras are definitely included in the sale and given that I don't think the price was out of line. I'm open to offers and willing to talk to any interested party.

And i'll definitely be posting here if someone wants the bike only and no extras. I'd prefer to sell everything together as its really everything anyone would need for the bike for the next probably 3-4 years (minus various fluids etc).

Kinda funny because I want the wheels more than the tires since I have had a set of road tires for over a year and just have not wanted to commit to them....

Tom
Like I said, if you're interested shoot me an offer.

I really don't want to switch around tires and rims, but for the right price would and then just sell the whole lot of tires with the bike (or here).

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Pics have been uploaded to CL listing folks.

pics are up now and if you'd like to shoot me an offer i'll take a look.

For the right price i'd be willing to switch rim setups and sell the road/black wheels separate. They are in nicer condition, and I did that purposefully so the better set was primarily used on the road. All the extras are definitely included in the sale and given that I don't think the price was out of line. I'm open to offers and willing to talk to any interested party.

And i'll definitely be posting here if someone wants the bike only and no extras. I'd prefer to sell everything together as its really everything anyone would need for the bike for the next probably 3-4 years (minus various fluids etc).

Like I said, if you're interested shoot me an offer.

I really don't want to switch around tires and rims, but for the right price would and then just sell the whole lot of tires with the bike (or here).
Going to look at the pictures now. I will be back in touch soon!

Tom

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
WHAT!! Surely you jest! Putting road tires on a TW is like putting knobbies on a Goldwing!:D
Funny you should say that. Meet my new Goldwing! 18144824079_0f4b6a46c5_o.jpg

Tom

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure I'm ready to split up yet and still have some PMs to respond to, but I know folks were interested in the wheels so I am putting some bigger pics of them up here for info purposes.

The front black one is an OEM wheel got off of a 2004 (I believe, don't quote me on that) off of ebay. I was straight and good to go from the beginning, bearings were good to, so those weren't replaced (if memory serves). The black rear was rebuilt with all new bearings, spokes and the rim & hub coated. I couldn't find any decent nics on either black wheel so anything in the picture that looks like one is probably still a bit dirty.

Both sets of grey were trued and have new bearings.

IMAG0535.jpg IMAG0536.jpg IMAG0537.jpg IMAG0538.jpg IMAG0539.jpg

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Damn! Just in a discussion with JJsharpshooter who has his up for sale in western PA and he has the same issue, No Action. Bad year for toys I suppose and not just on the east coast according to some other frequent buyer/seller types here. I took my 2006 with 250 original miles on it off the sale block for that exact reason and it can hang out in my garage until things get a lot better.

GaryL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts