TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hang out in the Corpus Christi area and want to ride on the Beach to fish for Sharks. Will always go slow on the sand. Sand is primarily medium hard packed. Doubt if I will ever be on pavement. Question is, how much weight can I haul. Can two adults ride without bottoming out? I weight 280 and lets days take friends for ride in the 220 range or lower. Thanks!

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
I think the TW’s suspension would not readily support 500 lbs of riders much less riders plus fishing gear plus shark cadavers. Tires would likely spin or sink in hard packed beach sand anyways. I would consider etting a pair of ATVs or a dune buggy or two. A medium size side-by-side might have the cargo and weight capacity for fishing gear, fishermen and fish.

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
500 lbs is pushing your luck - the TW could probably just about handle it, but it'll also put the rear tire so deep into the sand that the additional "drag" is going to complicate things

(Welcome to the board) ...........

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D
I hang out in the Corpus Christi area and want to ride on the Beach to fish for Sharks. Will always go slow on the sand. Sand is primarily medium hard packed. Doubt if I will ever be on pavement. Question is, how much weight can I haul. Can two adults ride without bottoming out? I weight 280 and lets days take friends for ride in the 220 range or lower. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts