TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this ride has a "seasonal" theme to it I want to post it before the next "seasonal" event.

Mrs. Admiral and I took a little ride on Halloween.

What could go wrong right?
I guess we know how to make an adventure out of a molehill!

Let's just say the dirt churning golf carts (I'm referring to UTV's just in case there was a question) know how to tear up a nice mundane trail and make it a talcum powdered nightmare.

Being Halloween, we were kind of on the lookout for Mimi Clark. You'll have to watch the video for this reference to make sense.

No Mimi Clark here either. We looked.

We even checked the bog for Mimi Clark. Nope, not here but Mrs. Admiral did find a log under the "stuff" which for a minute we thought could be a dead body.

We had fun

Mrs. Admiral agree's, riding is way more fun than working

That is all. Carry on!

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
I haven't been off road on a TW in 2 or 3 years. I wonder how I would do on that ride you all were on. Sure looked like fun!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Swamp crossing sequence had a Blair Witch found footage feel.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Nice Ride, But I still Hate Sand! 👀

Reactions: reddave and admiral

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey Admiral,
I tried and tried but, I didn't find where this neat looking and adventurous ride took place. May I ask where?
Scott

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't been off road on a TW in 2 or 3 years. I wonder how I would do on that ride you all were on. Sure looked like fun!
Wow, it's been that long since you've been off-road. Country roads are still fun even if you can't get off-road. We've been riding more paved roads this year than ever before. Some of it's because Mrs. Admiral is still recovering from knee surgery but another reason it's just fun riding anywhere. On this ride, I think Mrs. Admiral and I can agree, the talcum powder dirt and swamp bog while fun, is not something we enjoy on every ride. :)

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Swamp crossing sequence had a Blair Witch found footage feel.
I've never seen Blair Witch. The camera was supposed to be off but it captured a little of our escape from the swamp monster!

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice Ride, But I still Hate Sand! 👀
Mrs. Admiral only found the sand was slightly better than the talcum powder to ride in but still hates sand with a passion. Come to think of it, she didn't much care for the lava rocks either! :)

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Admiral,
I tried and tried but, I didn't find where this neat looking and adventurous ride took place. May I ask where?
Scott
We were generally riding near/along the Snake River in the Fossil Butte area south of Murphy, ID. I was introduced to the area when riding with Oldworld124 and Mistervelocity earlier this summer. We did some new sections on the Halloween ride that I didn't do with Oldworld124 & Mistervelocity but mostly the same.

·
Registered
52 Posts
A little confused about the swamp crossing. Was there no way to detour around it? Or was it an existential thing?
Stream/river crossings I don't mind, (see pic) but swamps I try to steer clear of.
sheep bridge.jpg

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Normally, we would have turned back when we ran out of trail but it was getting late and the long way back was well, long. We "strayed off course" a little. As we would say, "the road is just on the other side of that creek". This was a small creek with low water flow and looked like a swamp hence we call it the swamp when it really wasn't Halloween don'tcha know. Where we crossed was only about 10-12 feet and shallow but a hidden log was under the weeds & water that stopped forward momentum...and some mud, otherwise I would have driven right through it. This was the only place we could find where the creek bank wasn't as steep entering the creek.
As it turned out, the road on the other side of the creek (showed on the map as a road), didn't exist anymore and was just a sand wash that dead-ended. We turned around and rode back up the wash (didn't cross back through the creek/swamp) until it connected into a real road or should I say 2-track. It was shorter than the long way. I told ya we can make an adventure out of a molehill! :D

·
Registered
571 Posts
We were generally riding near/along the Snake River in the Fossil Butte area south of Murphy, ID. I was introduced to the area when riding with Oldworld124 and Mistervelocity earlier this summer. We did some new sections on the Halloween ride that I didn't do with Oldworld124 & Mistervelocity but mostly the same.
Thank you for answering my questions on where-a-bouts for your ride. Sure looked like fun, other than the section of brown talcum powder. Incidentally, we were just on a camping trip where we were doing some Jeeping and, we to ran into some "Brown Talcum powder". In fact, we ran about 20 miles of that stuff. It took me about 2 days of solid work, to clean the Jeep out/off/under/the engine/etc. of that stuff. What a mess.
Scott

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
another great mr & mrs admiral ride!

i noticed how rock steady your doubletake mirrors are... mine is as buzzy as a murder hornet's a** while being vacuumed up.

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
another great mr & mrs admiral ride!

i noticed how rock steady your doubletake mirrors are... mine is as buzzy as a murder hornet's a** while being vacuumed up.
They still buzz at higher speeds/RPM’s. I always forget to fold them off-road. Trees and brush sometimes readjust them for me. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Super awesome video! I love all the giddy laughter and exchanges. You guys are just too cute!

Fossil Butte is only 7 hours from me in Oregon. May I ask a couple of equipment questions Admiral: A) How do you like your Double Take Mirrors? Are they as good as stock on the roadway?; and B) What are you using on your gloves to activate the navigation?

Thanks for posting this; it really brightened up my rainy Portland evening! P

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Super awesome video! I love all the giddy laughter and exchanges. You guys are just too cute!

Fossil Butte is only 7 hours from me in Oregon. May I ask a couple of equipment questions Admiral: A) How do you like your Double Take Mirrors? Are they as good as stock on the roadway?; and B) What are you using on your gloves to activate the navigation?

Thanks for posting this; it really brightened up my rainy Portland evening! P
Glad you enjoyed the giddy laughter and conversation. Double Take Mirrors better than stock? Well, they are sturdy and have gotten whacked by trees and bushes so they are good for that. As far as seeing out of them better than stock? I don't think so. They get pretty buzzy at highway speed.
I take my gloves off when I have to change the screen on the phone. I know they make gloves with a special tip for that kind of thing but mine aren't special. I stop when I have to zoom in or out on the phone screen. I do have a dust and water-resistant case on the phone and that works well.

Reactions: Westieterrier

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Lorie, needs to wear “the shirt” the next time she goes to do some sand riding.
Your “swamp” crossing looks a bit like my avatar.

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lorie, needs to wear “the shirt” the next time she goes to do some sand riding.
Your “swamp” crossing looks a bit like my avatar.
It is very similar looking for sure. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts