TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

TW200 in a pickup?

16K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  Bduff007 
#1 ·
Will the TW200 fit in the back of a Tacoma, Frontier, or other small/mid sized truck? I have a small camper and want to bring my TW in the back. Looking for the right truck.

Thanks,

Jeff

#6 ·
Jeff - Here is a photo of a TW in my Tacoma. Angled across the 6 ft. bed there is more than enough room.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

#8 ·
I have a Tacoma and, as said above, there is plenty of room, especially if you use a bed extender. Google it then go out and buy one. Very handy.

Reactions: rav819 and TWilight
#11 ·
Welcome to the forum!! :D

#16 ·
99 dodge 2500 extra cab 4x4 here. Fits in straight with tailgate closed. I like to have it slightly to right so can see out rear view mirror. Being a tall truck I have long aluminum folding ramp and can easily load it by myself. Have tw running. stand next to it. run it up a few feet. Carefully walk up a few rungs. run tw up another foot, walk up a few more rungs...etc....Just have to take your time and its really quite easy. DON'T try to ride it up! Did this once with my ttr and just too easy to lose balance going that slow.

#19 · (Edited)
I used this and it is on sale again, free shipping if you buy over $99. This one of the best $99 I've spent for the bikes except for the two shinko 241 front tires.

I fit two TW s in my 6 1/2' bed Tundra. Its kinda high off the ground so finding a low spot or hill helps with this ramp, there is a longer one that would make it easier but would stick out from my bed. The ramp below has a groove for 1/4 " plywood which I put on mine. I can walk up and down the ramp beside the bikes very safely. Also when by myself I walk the bike up the ramp with the engine slipping the clutch. Otherwise my wife helps me push them up. I put sand on my wood by coating the wood with waterbase poly utherthane and putting on some sand letting dry ( 1 hr). Water base is very quick dry and tough. They use this stuff for gym floors. Then I coated it again. I love this ramp it is very light weight and strong and fits in my bed between the bikes with the tail gate up. It also has straps that hold to the truck so it wont fall down. I got the plywood sheathing at HD for $10. Also I tow a 27' ultralight trailer with the bikes in the back of the truck. Great tow vechicle.

Yutrax ATV Super Lite Bi-Fold Loading Ramps : Cabela's

Reactions: littletommy
#20 ·
My TW came home with me in the back of a 2001 Toyota Tacoma standard cab short bed. That same truck brought home a sportster about 10 years ago, and moved my V-Star from NJ to NY.
Had the tailgate down and used the four tie-down points to strap in the bike. Actually a very solid way to move the bike.
I used a modification on the ditch theme, and backed the truck up against a small hill, rolled the bike out onto the grass, then drove the truck away.

#21 ·
They fit great in a short box 4 door 3/4 ton chevy

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.