TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of my fellow TW200 riders have had their trusty steed try successfully to do them harm?
I Crashed Ethyl riding her like she was stolen in soft wet sand with my son. This is the more visible yet less painful result of my second crash. The first, I scrubbed up against a hard packed 3 foot tall vertical berm and it grabbed by toes and turned the them to face the he other direction. Gotta be broken, didn't dare take off the boot. It was either ride out or get rescued so while riding out the 5 miles I washed out on a hill and went over the bars slamming my yet undiagnosed foot into the ground causing an undignified squeal and repetition of curse words like I was reciting some delinquent hail Mary's and gave me this bark Buster imprint as a thanks for playing. Maybe I should not ride her like a dirt bike, I make that bike do stuff the TW was not made for. Oh god it's fun though. Bring on the healing so I can rip it up some more.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
I like your ride it like a dirt bike comment LOL!

I mostly cruise on mine so my injuries have been limited to a few bumps and bruises. This past Saturday I took a spill when I tried to pop the front wheel over a rock and instead fell over it! No injuries, although I did get chastised by my riding buddies for picking-up my TW solo. Mine is the heaviest bike in our group and I have a bad back.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I crashed a few weeks back trying to go up/around this section in a drainage ditch. The bike fell on my foot and leg hillside down. Foot still hurts, but nothing seemed to be broken.

This weekend I did a similar thing trying to do a dip, then uphill section. This branch and root through me off my focus, and dumped it after a hard bounce. My leg was crushed a bit, but just seems bruised. Had I kept on the throttle, I think I would’ve been fine.

I’m learning some good lessons though!

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
You could fall off a bar stool and get hurt worse...and not have as much fun doing it. When you heal, which you will, go ride it like a dirt bike...more or less!:D

Sounds like TW Fever.

I've had the toes/foot turned backwards trick a couple times. Your story brought back a twinge in my right knee and ankle.

Most importantly, how's the TW? Not bad I hope.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I've got off easy but I couldn't agree more. I'm sure I push the TW to do stuff it's not made for. In fact I'm starting the long process of raising my suspension a few inches. I perch on the balls of my feet on the pegs now and was only bruised by a small stump. I've also grazed a large tree with broken branches scratched my thigh. Scary.

Sometimes I think I should watch less Graham Jarvis, or Megs Brap....and other times I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Was pretty sore a few years back after ending up under my TW trying to cross some large logs. Cleared a couple then ended up digging in the skid plate or pegs and no where to put feet down. I was laying under it with gas dribbling on my leg, trapped and basted, and my riding buddy was laughing so hard as to be useless...I was chuckling too but in pain. He finally helped get the bike off me so I could then unleash the names I was reserving for him, but minutes later I got this shot. So worth it I thought. I limped for a week and had an interesting bruise. ZS_3small.jpg

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I skinned my shin about 4 years ago when the front washed out going too fast downhill around a sharp corner on a gravel road with too much front brake.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I always think "what if I could have a little more power, or a couple more inches of suspension travel or?". But I never get to a good answer because more power and no better suspension will be an immediate issue.
Plus too many changes and it wouldn't be a "TW". I have other dirt bikes for other kinds of riding so there is no need to change the TW too much other than comfort and controls, same thing to me.

But when I'm moving along faster than I should be I rarely think about what if there's something just ahead that will be too much for me and the TW.
Until I'm laying there and thinking "what the hell were you doing, you're on the TW".

Last drop was a hard packed, off camber curve, with a foot deep rain groove, that the front tire got stuck in and low sided me before I could think.
My forearm, elbow and shoulder were slammed and dragged across the dirt as a reminder that you really don't have immediate power to lift the front wheel over such obstacles.
I've been on that trail a few times before and was not paying close enough attention to the recent rain channels on the trail.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Riding in the Ouchita NF two weeks ago and went down on a slick spot. The handlebars turned all the way before I tried to go over them and got a good sized lump on my inner thigh from the end of the handlebar. It’s almost gone....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Riding in the Ouchita NF two weeks ago and went down on a slick spot. The handlebars turned all the way before I tried to go over them and got a good sized lump on my inner thigh from the end of the handlebar. It’s almost gone....
You can make out the perfect handguard end impression in the picture from my 1st post. I feel your pain, literally.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmm. There was the time I washed out the front end on a grassy field track and somehow landed on my head. Neck hurt for about a year after that one. Another time I was climbing a hill and got stuck at the top and stalled with the skid plate hung up on a rock. My battery was weak and wouldn't start the bike, so an attempt to push it up the hill resulted in me slipping and falling down the hill with it. Luckily, a handy tree broke my fall and left a big red cherry under my armpit. First ride of the season on the dirt. That stung for a bit and the mark has faded, but still remains. Give me a few weeks and I'll have another.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Had lots of times when ive came close to serios injuries on my bike. All prevented by a full set armor. Its the cheapest health insurance you'll ever buy. It includes
Helmet
Helmet collar
Chest torso armor.
Elbow pads
Gloves
Knee and shin guards
Real motorcycle boots.

Each of these items has saved me a visit to the er and a deatroyed body part.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts