·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Old biker wisdom:

"Don't dress for the ride...dress for the crash!"

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
Ouch Errtu, can see why you hd to park the TW for a year. Not very TSA compliant either.:( tsa-rules-disability.jpg

Reactions: SanDue and Ken

·
Registered
606 Posts
Death wing bucked me off on some golf ball gravel. Only thing hurt was my pride. And being that only cows saw me do it, pride quickly returned.
If nobody saw you do it, it didn't happen.

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
Hope you BBQ-ed all the witnesses NVcowboy.

Reactions: 47382 and SanDue

·
Registered
98 Posts
I literally get hurt to some degree EVERY outing. This time I tumbled into a bush when the TW didn't have enough ass to climb a hill and then got a 3rd degree burn on my leg when I loaded it into my truck. I'm afraid my wife is going to quit letting me go every week! The burn should make a nice scar anyway!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I literally get hurt to some degree EVERY outing. This time I tumbled into a bush when the TW didn't have enough ass to climb a hill and then got a 3rd degree burn on my leg when I loaded it into my truck. I'm afraid my wife is going to quit letting me go every week! The burn should make a nice scar anyway!
They do make a good scar. Mine is on my forearm and hurt less than it should have.
I also sprained a few fingers deflecting a branch so it didn't run me through.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well crap, Maybe I need a safer hobby. Took another handlebar end to the ribs. This time I cracked a rib. I don't die if I cough but it sure is unpleasant. Again at the end of an extremely hard ride with my 16 year old. My wife seems to be less tolerant of this whole mid life crisis thing now that the injuries are stacking up. If only I had more success acting my age. Maybe the disadvantage of owning as video game store all my adult life.

·
Registered
258 Posts
76C3BD48-0F8A-4E4D-BF4C-958D27156BF3.jpeg

Though not done on a TW. Was on a Kawasaki Vulcan when a little old lady in a Nissan decided to remove me from said Kawasaki :). The resulting flight was glorious and graceful I'm told (damn memory loss I have no recollection just walking up on highway). But my landings need much work lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
wife and i were on the tw,,,, 1 mph in a mudhole, she leaned oneway, me the other,,, 3rd degree burns inside my right knee. months to heal, wifes left calf squished, compartment syndrome, couple surgeries and a week in the hospital,,,,she dont ride anymore

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
wife and i were on the tw,,,, 1 mph in a mudhole, she leaned oneway, me the other,,, 3rd degree burns inside my right knee. months to heal, wifes left calf squished, compartment syndrome, couple surgeries and a week in the hospital,,,,she dont ride anymore
Sad to hear. That's a lot of damage for a low speed dump. I hope the healing is quicker than the Dr has said.

·
Read Only
173 Posts
We came into this world bloody and screaming.... may as well go out the same way. I've lost track of the stitches and scars between this and 3 wheelers from days of ol'. My worst one would had to have been the rear tire on an ATC200X grabbing my foot and playing match maker between my knee and the foot peg. I rolled over on the ground a few times, threw up (apparently the knee has a nerve attached directly to your stomach) and just laid there for a very long time until a friend showed up to help me home. Did some damage I still feel to this day and that was tenth grade.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts