TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just had a key made at Lowes for $1.98

The key blank that was used was an Axxess+ 37r cassette b for a Nissan car UPC 736511640373.

Now my bike is a 2004 with 4700 miles with broken in locks on the ignition, gas cap and helmet lock. The key works but is a little gritty and some times you have to jiggle it a little. But for $1.98 what a deal!!!!

I have the key with the thin grove in the middle and the wide grove on the right side.

here is a link of the key pic on the test forum

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/2921-pic-test/

·
Registered
918 Posts
You can post pics in the TEST forum with the download option (meaning, you don't need to host them on photobucket, snapfish, etc.), then either share the hyperlink to that test forum post or copy the image URL to this post. You can't post photos in any forum, except the TEST forum. Not sure why no one has taken advantage of that (unless they delete data over xx days old??).

·
Registered
428 Posts
if you have the orignal key number you can get a blank sent from yamaha for about 20 bucks. i just helped out a friend with this issue for his yzf600. even though his key was broken the local hardware store was still able to cut the blank for him. now he has a brand new yamaha key for under 25 bucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any good locksmith will have the blank and will cut a key for $3-4.

Now finding a good locksmith is the problem. Everyone I called wasn't even in the area

The Lowes key has a bigger head and is easy to turn with gloves... and heck for that price im going to make a few more.

After using it a little it has smoother out.

I posted a link to compare the keys.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Yup, good locksmiths can be hard to find. When I lived in Texas Michael's Key and Lock had blanks hanging on the wall. They have several locations in the DFW area. Now that I'm in NW Tennessee, I use AA Locksmith out of Atwood. He is retired military and works out of his van. I call him when I need something and he schedules my work next time he is in the area so I don't have to pay a service call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts