TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any of you owning an XT225 can you tell if a TW kick lever that sticks out aprx 1" more than an OEM XT kick lever would really interfere if a person had oversize pegs ?

I sold my last XT kick lever and I'll be needing one for my next Big Bore Conversions

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i can't take pics until the friday, but i have a complete tw200 kicker w/ lever and boss on a ttr225 rt side case, and i haven't had any problems. never even thought of it til now.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I am not sure that I fully understand the original question, but here is what I have been able to determine.

For a TW engine in a TW frame:
-TW lever with TW kick boss - Works fine
-TW lever with XT kick boss - Doesn't work because the lever hits the rear brake lever/brake rod linkage
-XT lever with XT kick boss - Doesn't work because the lever hits rear brake lever/brake rod linkage
-XT lever with TW kick boss - Works fine

For an XT engine in a TW Frame:
-TW lever with TW kick boss - Works fine
-TW lever with XT kick boss - Doesn't work because the lever hits the rear brake lever/brake rod linkage
-XT lever with XT kick boss - Doesn't work because the lever hits rear brake lever/brake rod linkage
-XT lever with TW kick boss - Works fine

For an XT engine in an XT Frame:
-TW lever with TW kick boss - Should work
-TW lever with XT kick boss - Should work
-XT lever with XT kick boss - Works fine
-XT lever with TW kick boss - Should work

I do not believe that the width of the footpegs has any effect on the kickstarter action for either a TW or an XT.

The picture below shows a TW lever and TW kick boss on the left, and an XT lever and an XT kick boss on the right.

View attachment 187812

Here is a TW with a TW lever and a TW kick boss.

View attachment 187814

Here is a TW with an XT lever and a TW kick boss.

View attachment 187816

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
wow thats great news and thanks for the detailed reviews Brian I figured you would know

the reason I mention the pegs is I though I might need a wider peg if the TW kick lever forced my foot farther out on the peg

Thanks Joeband as well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts