TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
That is the best TW video I have seen in a very long time! Most excellent! Curious as to what sort of tripod you pack. And of course no grouse were harmed in making that video.:D

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Great video skills bro!!! Pretty nice riding too!! :D

Reactions: kj7687 and TWilight

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks!

I don't use a tri-pod actually (although I've been wanting to get one). I used my gopro with the chest mount, which I used to mount on trees, branches, stumps etc... Tripod would be a lot quicker lol.

That grouse has quite the personality. He has been in that same area for the past two years, and always chases after me, trying to scare me away. He is not scarred of me or the bike at all. I call him Trailbird :p.

Check out at 8:13 of this video, you can see trailbrid starring down the bike haha. This happens at least once a week.

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
Nice video. As a viewer, it's nice to watch the "setup" camera view. As the video maker, it takes a lot of time. I've thought about a combination of the two in some of my video's, but just haven't. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Ya, I get tired of POV only videos, it often makes the terrain look a lot easier than it is. It's just so time consuming to setup a camera, drive by, come back and move camera. I plan on doing a mix of both for the next video.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Thanks for sharing, great videos! I like those trails, only one tire track!

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Nice Work and love that Bird:p

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I did "ALL" those stuns once..............................pause.............................. but not on purpose .:rolleyes: I really liked those angles.. I'm sure it takes a few extra "HOURS" for set-ups. Looking forward to more vids. OMM.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great videos, seriously, very good. Different for sure. Love that terrain too. You running stock gearing on your TW? Your wheelies look effortless. I can wheelie mine, but not that easy.
Thanks! I think its got a 15 tooth in front. I'm actually not sure, I got it like that and haven't checked yet! I definitely have to use the clutch a lot to wheelie.

Thank you all for the nice comments! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great vids! Are you a trials rider by chance?
I used to have a gas gas trials bike and did some observed trials comps, that was almost 10 years ago. I really regret selling it. My father rode a lot of trials and taught me to ride that way, feet on the pegs as much as possible! I ride the TW like a trials bike though, I think it rides just like an old TY250 trials bike, and steers almost as tight!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wilder, WHERE are you at in the PNW ? Oregon, perhaps ? I know it just can't be Washington, because you weren't wearing a Hickory shirt :p

So, please tell us WHERE.

Also, on the Grouse issue, they do that. I just told PlumbStraight the story a few days ago, about when my wife and I moved from the Tr-Cities of WA. to the northeast corner of Pennsylvania....I went out first to find us a home. When I found the one I wanted, a Grouse came out to visit me. The real estate agent informed me that his name was Peep Peep, and that he lives on this property, and we can expect to see him everyday.
I flew back to WA. to collect my wife and two truckloads of belongings, and I told her about this Grouse...Peep Peep. I don't think she believed me, or thought I was serious.

We drive out to far eastern corner of PA. (Clifford, PA. to be exact), and once we pulled into the driveway of this new home way out in the country....within 30 seconds Peep Peep was there to greet my wife. We believe he owned the property, and we were just visiting him every day that we lived there.
Haha, that's a great story! Yeah, it'll be a sad day when trailbird doesn't come to greet me one of these days.

I live near Duvall Wa.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I used to have a gas gas trials bike and did some observed trials comps, that was almost 10 years ago. I really regret selling it. My father rode a lot of trials and taught me to ride that way, feet on the pegs as much as possible! I ride the TW like a trials bike though, I think it rides just like an old TY250 trials bike, and steers almost as tight!
I thought so, it shows in your riding style. I had a Monty, I'll have another one day...

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Wilder, you might know the answer to this, can you still ride up to lake Fontel and Hanson lake? It's been years since I've been up that way. I had heard that they(lumber company) blocked the road. Any info? Used to bear hunt up there years ago.

Tracy

·
Registered
485 Posts
Haha, that's a great story! Yeah, it'll be a sad day when trailbird doesn't come to greet me one of these days.

I live near Duvall Wa.
Wow, you're pretty close to me, about 2 hours drive roughly. And mad props on that video, super good work! Would love to see some of the places you ride.

Reactions: wilder
1 - 20 of 39 Posts