TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005, Yamaha TW200
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my TW200, I finally own one!

Previously I had a TW125 in the Netherlands, which I loved and actually used it quite a lot compared to my other bikes. But because we have a lot of highway here I felt that it was too slow and sold it. I survived the quarantine by moving to my sister in the caribbean island of Curacao during the winter months. There I saw this TW200 for sale and I just had to have it.

In december I'm going back to the island again, so I already made a parts list to bring, because parts are expensive there and take a long time to deliver.
  • K60 120/80 front tire
  • Carb rebuild kit
  • Spark plug
  • New grips
  • Gas cable
  • Wrap around hand guards
  • Airfilter / Oilfilter
  • Chain + Sprocket
  • Drum brakes

Anything I'm missing?

Also I don't have any tools there, what do you think I should bring?

Oh yeah there is one problem with the bike, it stalls but only when the engine is warm. I then seems like it gets too many petrol, I think I will bring a new ignition coil to rule that one out.

Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
19,922 Posts
This is my TW200, I finally own one!

Previously I had a TW125 in the Netherlands, which I loved and actually used it quite a lot compared to my other bikes. But because we have a lot of highway here I felt that it was too slow and sold it. I survived the quarantine by moving to my sister in the caribbean island of Curacao during the winter months. There I saw this TW200 for sale and I just had to have it.

In december I'm going back to the island again, so I already made a parts list to bring, because parts are expensive there and take a long time to deliver.
  • K60 120/80 front tire
  • Carb rebuild kit
  • Spark plug
  • New grips
  • Gas cable
  • Wrap around hand guards
  • Airfilter / Oilfilter
  • Chain + Sprocket
  • Drum brakes

Anything I'm missing?

Also I don't have any tools there, what do you think I should bring?

Oh yeah there is one problem with the bike, it stalls but only when the engine is warm. I then seems like it gets too many petrol, I think I will bring a new ignition coil to rule that one out.

View attachment 218827
Welcome to the forum!! Have you tried running some Seafoam or Lucas Deep fuel cleaner in with the gas? Might be gummed up a little. If you can find Non-Ethanol it helps a lot with the carb getting clogged up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Jay. I too ride a TW125 on Curacao and I just ordered smaller main jets from Sebastian.
As you know it is quite hot so i will change it out and read the spark plug to see if that is the way to go.
With our XT250/TW riding club we have most of the tools covered.

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
450 Posts
Pick yourself up what you might need for carb tuneup & rejetting, if you want to go down that path.
Also, if you haven’t already, get a set (4) of hex head stainless or titanium bolts to replace the JIS bolts on the carb float bowl + a new bowl gasket.

I bought these & they are nice. SS is fine. Ti is a couple bucks more, so I splurged.

Also keep in mind, you can get a new carb for like $40USD, if you don’t want to mess with carb tinkering & guesswork on what’s plugged up & what small parts to buy.

Some masochists (like me) actually enjoy going down that rabbit hole & solving the mental puzzle (or going stark raving mad in the process).

Reactions: BonTW200

·
Registered
2005, Yamaha TW200
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome replies guys! Thanks so much

I got in new parts, bought 120/90/18 K60 Scout as my new front tire first of all to save my life.
Also got some nice new Maier handguards i'll post pictures later :)

o and I just ordered smaller main jets from Sebastian.
As you know it is quite hot so i will change it out and read the spark plug to see if that is the way to go.
With our XT250/TW riding club we have most of the tools covered.
Wow cool to meet you :) good tip, I will bring smaller ones. Lets ride together one time!

Pick yourself up what you might need for carb tuneup & rejetting, if you want to go down that path.
Also, if you haven’t already, get a set (4) of hex head stainless or titanium bolts to replace the JIS bolts on the carb float bowl + a new bowl gasket.

I bought these & they are nice. SS is fine. Ti is a couple bucks more, so I splurged.

Also keep in mind, you can get a new carb for like $40USD, if you don’t want to mess with carb tinkering & guesswork on what’s plugged up & what small parts to buy.

Some masochists (like me) actually enjoy going down that rabbit hole & solving the mental puzzle (or going stark raving mad in the process).
Got in a card rebuild kit, but a new one would've have been an easier option in hindsight 😅

Besides the normal sockets and wrenches be sure to have some good JIS screw drivers and a spark plug socket. Also if you can take it with you. Oil, chain lube and grease.
Thanks Xracer!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Bon TW200
Just replaced the #118 to a #115 main jet on my TW125. A huge difference. Now the acceleration from 3/4 throtlle (on the needle) smoothly connects to the top end (main jet). My guess is if it stalls when warm you also need to order the idle jet. Sebastian from twparts.com is a great help and he sends from Germany.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts