TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For lifting the TW200 off the ground for work (say remove both wheels), what do people use? (Is there enough on the bottom for a standard bike lift?)

·
Registered
232 Posts
For lifting the TW200 off the ground for work (say remove both wheels), what do people use? (Is there enough on the bottom for a standard bike lift?)

I stole this idea from the Broken Veteran (I hope he's still with us)

I use 2 milk crates and a section of 2x6. I sit one milk crate on the right side of the bike as close as possible.

I then slide the board under the bike and on top of the milkcrate. I then simply grab (I drilled 2 holes and placed a piece of rope through them to make a handle with a piece of pvc pipe over the rope) then life the bike up level, then take my foot and push the other milk crate under the board. Bike sits perfectly level, has clearance for oil change, service, etc. you can even sit on the boards if they are long enough for a service stool Etc.

I've got 2 different M/C lifts, but I use this method because its faster and more stable.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Good idea igofar. All of the center stands I have are too tall for the TW. And despite it's small size, it's a heavy bike.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would love a center stand for this bike, for maintance and so it takes up less floor space. Heavy? this bike is superlight, my Honda ST1300 weighs at least 650 lbs. My DL1000 was over 500 lbs.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I have a platform lift--roll the bike up, strap down one end or the other, put a bottle, scissors, or floor jack topped with a piece of 2x6 under the skidplate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts