TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamaha TW200.png

Why do the Japanese models get the round headlight and we don't? :( Actually, why can't we get all black in N.A. too? So cool....

That being said, are there sets being sold to convert present TW headlights into that similarly pictured in the photo? If so, where can I buy them? Does it simply need an adapter of sorts? Tried looking on fleabay, even ebay Japan, but no luck!?!

Thanks very much. Haven't bought one of these yet but well, will be likely doing so. :p

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I can't cite where,but I remember on a Japaneese site they were for sale (DoH). Beats me why the U.S. doesn't have them, same for the color scheme?.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In Germany the later model TW125 also came with the round headlight. The big plus against a generic round headlight is the fact that almost all wires are tucked away inside the headlight housing on the OEM version. If nneded i can look up the part numbers.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In Germany the later model TW125 also came with the round headlight. The big plus against a generic round headlight is the fact that almost all wires are tucked away inside the headlight housing on the OEM version. If nneded i can look up the part numbers.
Hi,

Thanks to all who replied. OEM round headlight available in Germany? That sounds great actually, part numbers would be appreciated.

I know I could just put a generic version on the bike and it is easy enough to do...did it to my Suzuki Intruder 1400 last year. But an OEM would negate any major work to be done (i.e. drilling holes into the headlamp bucket, etc...). My local dealer told me they can't get the OEM headlight here?!? :( So if anyone knows where and how much, that is greatly appreciated.

:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
headlamp.jpg

stay headlight.jpg

Here are the part numbers for headlight and headlight stay.
Any decent Yamaha dealer should be able to order the parts with the part numbers. I already ordered parts from bikes that are not available over here, as long i provide the part numbers it was never a problem.

·
Registered
386 Posts
here is the link for the website in japan, they have heaps of tw 200 and 225 parts available, you can find round headlights there and brackets.
japan.webike.net

·
Registered
386 Posts
here is the link for the website in japan, they have heaps of tw 200 and 225 parts available, you can find round headlights there and brackets.
japan.webike.net

1 - 13 of 13 Posts