TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. I was riding to work (on the Honda) and spotted a TW near Summit, IL on Archer Ave. near 63rd street, and I was wondering if it belonged to someone here. As I was sitting, waiting for the light to turn green, I heard that familiar TW sound, and looked over to see a modded TW in what I think was black, mostly, but since the rider was moving and I was not, I couldn't get that good of a look at it to be sure it was all black. I mostly got a shot of the rear of it. Anyhow, if someone here is the owner of that bike, can you post pictures? It looks like you did a lot of work to it, and since all I got of it was a glimpse, I would love to see a couple shots of the bike.

I kind of wish I was riding the TW this morning so maybe I would have been spotted as well and maybe we could have pulled over, and spoken with each other. I was actually going to ride the TW, but I need to tighten up the chain on it, and I just plain forgot to do it over the weekend. I have seen many posts on the forum of chains falling off of the sprockets, and didn't want that to happen, so I figured it was safer riding the Honda this morning until I can get off of my lazy butt to do what I need to do.

Dan

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
PM is good stuff but don't overemphasize the chain adjustment. I'd say more chains fail from being too tight than from being too loose. A chain that is tight will wear faster. A chain that is too loose may be more likely to be flipped off the sprocket by a stick or debris, but there is in my view lots of room for a bit of slack within the manuals recommendations for chain slack. Keep it lubed and check it often but adjust only when needed. Tom

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tom, thanks. I read the owner's manual a couple of times, and there is definitely much more slack in that chain than mentioned in the book, and the last time I rode it, there was some uneasy feeling I was getting from back there that made me realize that the chain was too loose for comfort. Maybe I'm over-thinking it all, but better to be safe than sorry, I figured.

Dan

P.S. Cool snake. I first thought that was a worm and you were going to use it for some fishing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts