TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start putting some TW200-themed t-shirts up on a website. All will be plastisol inks directly printed on Hanes Beefy-Ts. No cheap iron-ons or heat transfers that fade, crack, or peal, no cheap shirts that wear out or fall apart.

Images are 12 inches wide on the back.

Price is $19 each sizes S-XL, $21 2X and 3X. Shipping and handling $5 per order, no matter how many shirts you buy.

Your impressions?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Big fan of the first design, what color shirts are you aiming for? I like the black background, white lettering style above, and would be interested in a medium.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll start off with white graphics on black shirts because I have white ink and black shirts on the shelf. Eventually I'll add additional shirt and ink colors as well as different graphics as finances allow. I have a couple custom jobs to do that is interfering with putting up the website for ordering. I'll post a link here when I nail down a URL.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'll definately take one, do you have any with pockets? By the way I seen two eagles yesterday and neither had fire coming from their asses.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I've designed a shirt design (see below) and made myself a shirt. I've also made a few for a couple of my local forum friends as "thank you" gifts. I'd offer them here, but have some concerns about copyright as I'm using the Yamaha logo and selling them for profit might cause an issue. Any lawyers in the group who can advise on this?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I like that Truelight. Nice tie in with Yamaha logo.

Present what you are making and give us a website to shop on.

Thanks much, good ideas all the way around.

Ken

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've designed a shirt design (see below) and made myself a shirt. I've also made a few for a couple of my local forum friends as "thank you" gifts. I'd offer them here, but have some concerns about copyright as I'm using the Yamaha logo and selling them for profit might cause an issue. Any lawyers in the group who can advise on this?

I would say you are selling them for a donation, that should keep you out of trouble. Even if your using donations for your next adventure.

·
Registered
395 Posts

love the design, but im no expert, only bought my first tw200 on saturday... but aint the graphic missing the headlight & fairing?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would say you are selling them for a donation, that should keep you out of trouble. Even if your using donations for your next adventure.
Bad advice. Judges ain't that stupid.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Better question: Are the people on this forum more likely to order a shirt or report you to Yamaha's lawyers?

Take my money and send me a shirt, please!

·
Registered
12 Posts

Excellent looking graphic/shirt! Hope you can get some made to sell!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know when I used to make vinyl stickers we bought a cd of "corporate logos" (which included yamahas) and supposedly we were allowed to sell them since purchase of the software included licensing.. Don't know if it was true or not, but it never came up..

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IOkay, I finally got the pain out of my neck and shot the screens today to print the following shirts tomorrow for myself:

TW200noskulls

TW200psychiatrist

TWexplanation

TWunderstand

TW200cool

I'm open to suggestions of what you'd like to see on shirts, too.

White plastisol ink screen printed on black Hanes Beefy-Ts. No cheap iron-ons or heat transfers that fade, crack, or peal, no cheap shirts that wear out or fall apart.

All images are 12 inches wide on the back.

Price is $17 each sizes S-XL, $19 2X and 3X, $21 4X and 5X. Shipments to a Tennessee address will incur 9.75% sales tax.

Shipping (USPS Priority Mail with tracking) $5 per order in the U. S. of A., no matter how many shirts you buy. Payment by PayPal only and shipping to the address associated with the PayPal account.

I can ship to some countries (USPS Priority Mail International, tracking not available) for $12 to Canada and Mexico, $14 to most other countries, for a 1.8kg package. I'll have to weigh some printed shirts to see how many will fit. I'm new to this international shipping thing so I'm open to suggestions from those with experience.

PM for my PayPal.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Truelight, your design is definately a copyright infringement. You can't just take a copyrighted graphic, change the color, and slap some clipart on top. Bad mojo, that.

Also very inconsiderate to crash someone else's party.

EDIT: MAJOR BUMMER: I'm sitting here in the dark running on battery power. Early morning thunderstorm knocked out the power.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts