TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TW200 Tool Kit- WTB

Realize that I'm missing the OEM Tool kit from my 2006 TDub. If anyone is parting out a bike and has one available let me know.

Thanks,
mike wex/stagewex

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
The dealer your bike came from is out of business now. Just before he closed the doors I went in for a part and asked about the tool kits. He had a box full of them and wanted $35 each. All were brand new and they were instructed by the owner to remove them from new bikes and re sell them if the new bike owners wanted them. Wonder why the creep could not stay in business? Some time in the near future he might have a sale there while he is cleaning out the building getting it ready for sale. There were a lot of parts on the shelves when I was last there and maybe I can get the kits if he gets off his ridiculous prices and will sell them as a box lot. I do have a brand new kit for an XT225 that comes in a plastic carry box that bolts to the XT225 frame but I paid $45 for it and it would not bolt right on to a TW frame. I will got there this week as I see him or the new building owner there all the time cleaning things up and will let you know how I make out. I also have a brand new tank for your bike I got from him for $200 a couple years ago and thought I should keep it if I ever dented the one on the bike.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer your bike came from is out of business now. Just before he closed the doors I went in for a part and asked about the tool kits. He had a box full of them and wanted $35 each. All were brand new and they were instructed by the owner to remove them from new bikes and re sell them if the new bike owners wanted them. Wonder why the creep could not stay in business? Some time in the near future he might have a sale there while he is cleaning out the building getting it ready for sale. There were a lot of parts on the shelves when I was last there and maybe I can get the kits if he gets off his ridiculous prices and will sell them as a box lot. I do have a brand new kit for an XT225 that comes in a plastic carry box that bolts to the XT225 frame but I paid $45 for it and it would not bolt right on to a TW frame. I will got there this week as I see him or the new building owner there all the time cleaning things up and will let you know how I make out. I also have a brand new tank for your bike I got from him for $200 a couple years ago and thought I should keep it if I ever dented the one on the bike.

GaryL
Thanks Gary. Yeah take a look for me if your swing by that place, let me know the cost. Some of what I saw on ebay or craiglist are incomplete and/or for other Yamaha models.
That's a bizarre story that they'd take them from new bikes and then sell them. We used Predator's kit for a trailside repair on Saturday. I brought a lot of tools but left them in my Jeep (bad idea). Almost needed that spare tank you have on the mantle when I dropped the bike but luckily it was soft sand.
Did you get another TW or XT yet? I'd love to go riding in the woods up by you.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm away on vacation now but if you give me your address, I'll send you mine. I have a pretty complete tool roll I take everywhere and I'm using the space the OEM kit was in for my fuse block.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm away on vacation now but if you give me your address, I'll send you mine. I have a pretty complete tool roll I take everywhere and I'm using the space the OEM kit was in for my fuse block.
Excellent, Thanks.
I'll PM you. Find our what the shipping cost it it will be to 10804.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts