TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all- I am getting my used TW200 (I鈥檓 pretty sure stock everything) on Wednesday.

I鈥檓 a new rider- and am looking for help finding good quality: Hand Guards, Foot pegs and skid plate. (I learned on Harley Davidson Sportster and fell down so much and beat it to hell. 馃槙 but I made it through have my MSF endorsement.

I鈥檓 not lookin for major upgrades or changes right now. Just things mainly to protect my bike from potential falls.

Registered
Hand guards - tusk flex pro......good deal for the 馃挵
Skid plate - ricochet....pricey but worth it...
A cyclerack even with it's ugly hump also adds a lot of protection for the money...pricey
In my opinion the foot pegs are fine...You should be wearing a GOOD pair of riding boots off road anyway !!! Smaller pegs have less chance of getting hooked on something...
BOOTS THE BEST MONEY SPENT ! ! !

WELCOME TO THE FORUM
..................... PREPARE TO SMILE A LOT !
..........................................JOIN IN HAVE SOME FUN
....................,.......................................MIKE FROM NC

P.S. A couple of hundred spent on a good pair of riding boots can save thousands
Of dollars in the ER room many times and they will last for many years....

Registered
Hi all- I am getting my used TW200 (I鈥檓 pretty sure stock everything) on Wednesday.

I鈥檓 a new rider- and am looking for help finding good quality: Hand Guards, Foot pegs and skid plate. (I learned on Harley Davidson Sportster and fell down so much and beat it to hell. 馃槙 but I made it through have my MSF endorsement.

I鈥檓 not lookin for major upgrades or changes right now. Just things mainly to protect my bike from potential falls.
As @Workingman said, Tusk handguards are great. Just make sure you get the pro鈥檚. I got the Tusk D flex and the brackets aren鈥檛 as good as the Pro version.

Registered
By the way did I mention that if you are
Going to go off road at all ..You
Rrreeeaaallllyyy
Need to get a good pair of riding boots..
After all we want to keep those smiles going..
Make sure you get a pair with aggressive thread
On the sole , most are slick soled for motocross..
You want atv racing boots...

Reactions: Idon'thaveoneyet...

Registered
By the way did I mention that if you are
Going to go off road at all ..You
Rrreeeaaallllyyy
Need to get a good pair of riding boots..
After all we want to keep those smiles going
I bought a pair of Forma adventure boots. I was debating on the low top or high top boots. Ended up going with the high tops because they felt just as comfortable and weren鈥檛 much more. I got stuck in a downpour and quickly found out how wet my jeans would鈥檝e been had I bought the low tops. That front tire just sprays the whole area from the knee down.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New Question-
I just got the bike 2013- I noticed that out of the three indicator lights two of them are not working- (the Neutral indicator light and the high beam indicator light) the guy said it was a fuse and easy and cheep to fix so I took it as it was. Everything else works fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it sounds like the lights might be dead or something? Is that something I can do myself or is it a fuse thing?

Registered
Those indicator lights are very prone to burning out. They are super easy to replace, just remove the two small screws and pull the cover off. I would recommend that the stock incandescent bulbs be replaced with the equivalent LED bulbs so you will likely never again have to deal with burned out indicator lights.

Registered
Just so you know we like pictures on this forum..
Pictures or it didn't happen....lol
Let see your new ride.....
Mike from NC

Reactions: Kevinwa

Registered
Promises promises....lol

Registered
You need a 3/4 inch copper elbow painted black and press fit to your exhaust. The scavenging effect will rip the front wheel off the ground and dump you off the back if you do not hold on with a death grip. You will be a true TW rider. Front wheels pop'n and panties drop'n. Burning gas and slappin' ass. Flying down with trail the front end out of control as you are doing Michael J. Fox trying to keep the bike upright. You will feel like your snuck into your wife's purse and stole your bag back. No p/n or link, but at Home Depot they are in the bin along the aisle on either the left or the right, I do not remember. MBW

You are welcome. MBW

Registered
Them there tires are getting pretty old. The compounds harden over time.
That is the first thing I would upgrade.. At least the front ( It wasn't very good when new )
First upgrades
1. Front tire...
2. Riding boots...
3. Tusk flex pro hand guards...
4. Cyclerack with bungee net.... good protection plus you will tend to use the bike more , errands and such
After all we want to keep ya smiling...
Have fun and enjoy your new ride
Mike from NC

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another Couple questions- I have had some problems starting after a stall with the engine turning over. I can hear the electric start attempt. I was told that my battery might need to be changed?
On the topic of batteries I have a trickle charger port/wire/connection that comes from under the seat. What does this do? And I don鈥檛 have what I need to plug it in? Will this help?

Registered
Yes
Another Couple questions- I have had some problems starting after a stall with the engine turning over. I can hear the electric start attempt. I was told that my battery might need to be changed?
On the topic of batteries I have a trickle charger port/wire/connection that comes from under the seat. What does this do? And I don鈥檛 have what I need to plug it in? Will this help?
Yes the battery may need charged or replaced.
If you think the battery is over three years old I would go ahead and get a new one.
The wire is for a battery tender.this way you don't have to pull the seat off every time you hook
It up.. pulling the seat off is a pain in the butt.
If you are starting the bike a lot and not riding many miles even a new battery will be drawn down
To a level where I needs to be charged..
Looks like you have a trip to Walmart in your near future..
Remember even a brand new battery should be charged before it
Is installed..
Mike from NC

Registered
Pull off the worthless fork boots and install the zip on Seal Savers. Keeps the grit off the seals and the fork tube. That grit grinds as it works up and down and is what helps to make the seals leak.

Thank me later.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Registered
Pull off the worthless fork boots and install the zip on Seal Savers. Keeps the grit off the seals and the fork tube. That grit grinds as it works up and down and is what helps to make the seals leak.

Thank me later.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
Those ugly fork boots are part of a little T-dubs sex apeal

Reactions: Kevinwa
1 - 20 of 26 Posts