TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I should be working on the daughters car right now, and will go back to it soon, but my funny bone got hit so I took a hour or two and made this short PSA. This is to compliment Truelights thread on "The motorcyclists Wave". Gosh, I hope you look at it in a humorous way, cause that's why I did it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBjALTjTLgg[/media]

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
W.A.V.E. to the nice Admiral, darlin':

Thanks for the giggle.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Thanks for the laugh! I'll add your video to my list of TW "how to's".

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
W.A.V.E. to the nice Admiral, darlin':

Thanks for the giggle.
That's actually a salute, not a wave. In the U. S. of A. armed forces, salutes are done to the brim of the hat, as shown, while looking at the person or colors being saluted, with the hand held parallel to the line of sight. In this case, the WAVE is looking at and saluting a person or colors above her level, but her hand is still parallel to her line of sight, so what at first glance is a wave is actually an appropriate salute.

I still think TW riders need a secret and exclusive wave/salute and maybe even a handshake.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Nice. In all the wave types you demonstrate however, I did not see the "regulation" wave mentioned in the online stuff I've been reading though... thumb, index and middle finger extended horizontal to the ground and out to the side. That's ok. Now what I'd -really- like to see is that same video loop with Georgie on the back as you go by and on command...have her wave too as you go by -

Nice to see and hear your bike operational again in these clips. When are we goin' ridin' again?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Truelight, we ride TWs, a model unique in the North American market. We don't do "regulation".

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
TW's don't regulate battery voltage, TWs use a balanced system--alternator output is just slightly higher than system consumption. Most of the time. Hopefully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts