TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Tdubbers,

A year ago we started a TW200 West Coast Community on Facebook. The purpose of this group is to unite Yamaha TW200 riders who live on the west coast. All are welcome to join. No politics, no religion, no spam, just Tdubs and rides. This is not to supplant this amazing tw200forum.com but rather to enhance our communication and sharing of rides, pictures, etc. (read: some of us spend a lot of time on FB so why not brings some Tdubs here too! <grin>) PLEASE invite other Tdubbers to this group!

Check it out:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/467585590038293/

There are a whole bunch of pictures of our 2nd Annual Russ Austin CENTRAL California meet.

All the best,

Jeff (aka JS5Owner)

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I am a new member.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I want to come over for the winter desert ride's. Palm springs- Death Valley.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Jeff, that is very nice of you to post those pictures on the FB page....however...(another word for BUT)....there are a lot of us that do not use FB, so we will never get to share in the joy of viewing your pictures. Whoa is us....old timers.....no grandkids to share FB with.....blah blah blah.

Any chance you would be willing to post those pictures from this past weekend here on the TW200 forum ?

Mike
+1. I don't and won't do FB.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Jeff, that is very nice of you to post those pictures on the FB page....however...(another word for BUT)....there are a lot of us that do not use FB, so we will never get to share in the joy of viewing your pictures. Whoa is us....old timers.....no grandkids to share FB with.....blah blah blah.

Any chance you would be willing to post those pictures from this past weekend here on the TW200 forum ?

Mike
Do you mean pictures like this. 10372508_10153483924367033_6651161989096563801_n.jpg now that one photo got all the trouble makers in one shot!

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Great photo there Z, Mel looking on to make sure Santa doesn't give Purple a lump of coal. Actually captures to moment Randall presented Gina with her pink suspenders and striped hickory shirt.

·
Registered
736 Posts
If they send you a link...you can look at pics without being signed up. Another friend of mine does that for weekend rides too...and someone else has to reload them so the rest of us can see.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure, I'm happy to post a link for those non-FBers! Can you see these: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.632757766854407&type=1

BTW, I'm happy to see Mark caring for fellow humans. Here is the scoop: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla, have donated $5 million to TheDream.us, an organization that works to send young undocumented immigrants to college. The money will put more than 400 students in the San Francisco Bay Area through higher-education programs over the next five years. In a Facebook post, Zuckerberg said he and Priscilla decided to make the donation because, for many immigrants, scholarship money can be hard to come by."Without documentation, it's often a struggle to get a college education, and they don't have access to any kind of federal aid," he wrote on Wednesday. "We ought to welcome smart and hardworking young people from every nation, and to help everyone in our society achieve their full potential. If we help more young immigrants climb the ladder to new opportunities, then our country will make greater progress."

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
Whist the CEO of facebook may have donated 5 million bucks - I for one, have no wish to get into the political judgements, or the moral ones, of how he gets to afford that donation, and where he points it.

I have, and will, continue to avoid facebook like the plague it is.

Meanwhile – thank you for the link – but I would politely ask you to consider another (less commercial) platform for this valuable content to the community ………….

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have, and will, continue to avoid facebook like the plague it is.
IMHO you can't and shouldn't trust ( )uckerberg! Read the fine print in your account and do some research on his Harvard days and how FB came about... Then draw your own conclusion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts