TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever mounted a small ATV winch on their TW? I run into some steep greasy hills that I just can't get up. I was thinking about mounting it under the headlight and having it be a easy on-easy off type of mount with quick disconnects on the wires. My concern is a heavy a 12 lb. winch mounted on the front end making the steering a little heavy. Any opinions?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Has anyone ever mounted a small ATV winch on their TW? I run into some steep greasy hills that I just can't get up. I was thinking about mounting it under the headlight and having it be a easy on-easy off type of mount with quick disconnects on the wires. My concern is a heavy a 12 lb. winch mounted on the front end making the steering a little heavy. Any opinions?
User video of WARN XT17 Portable winch pulling motorcycle at ...

► 2:41► 2:41

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhrmyRX9lqI

Ronnydog

·
Registered
3,359 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I think this looks awesome! Now I think that if this dude was on a TW he wouldn't need the winch so much,
but I realize it is a commercial. Just over 8lbs. Specs say it needs a 12Ah battery, so you'd probably need an upgrade from our stock 7Ah one. I can totally see this riding on a front or rear cyclerack, especially if you ride alone. Heck, it would just be nice if somebody in the riding group had one.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgxFUXwk_PM[/media]

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Winches are handy for sure. I have them on just about everything I have plus one running off a chainsaw. As light as these bikes are though, I would think some good lightweight rope and a couple of pulleys would drag a bike out. I use a boat winch on my trailer I drag around with my quad. Would not be too much of a problem to stow one of those in the toolbox as they are small and the handle can be taken off easily. They are cheap and maintenance free for the most part, thinking along this line I believe I will set one up.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It's been discussed, but not in awhile, I don't think. A dandy way to do it is just to use a pulley or two and a comealong, as mentioned above. I can understand the high tech desire, but it isn't necessary on a TW or in the places a TW would find itself stuck, generally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts