TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a windscreen for TW200 I bought over the weekend for my son to learn how to ride.
I know about Jimbo one but a price for new one is a bit too high for me and what I am looking for.
Anyone knows of any other one or has a used one for sale?

Also, looking for handguards as well.
Anything that does not require cutting and drilling and modifications out there and is a budget item?

Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
The best windscreen in the world is the National Cycle DX. (You have 7/8 bars.) Nobody should buy any other windscreen. With that being said everyone who has a jimboshield likes it and EVERYONE likes jimbo. Mine is still in the box as I ordered it and then wanted a screen with a bit more coverage. Find out what they cost. Send me half of that with $10.00 for shipping. Mine is tinted sky blue.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/national-cycle-deflector-screen-dx-windshield

Ascerbis hand guards are the best hand guards in the world. Nobody should buy any other hand guards than Ascerbis. You will have to cut the ends off your grips, but so what, the guards are well worth the effort and pay for themselves on your first fall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Capture.JPG

Thank you Michael.
I have sent you a private message regarding you offer for sky blue Jimbo windshield.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Duke- Give me a call. 906 748 5666. Thanks MBW
$40.00 shipped. No paypal. Just send me a check. I will ship it out. Thanks MBW

If anyone wants my 1.25 inch risers (back and up) find out what they cost. Mail me half and throw in $10.00 for shipping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to back out from purchase of Michael's sky blue windshield.
Any other member interested can contact Michael direct.
Thanks Michael.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm interested in how the National DX looks on a TW. I'm interested in getting one but would love to see it before investing. Post a shot if you feel up to it.

·
Super Moderator
17,922 Posts
Admiral has something similar he uses in the winter.
I'm interested in how the National DX looks on a TW. I'm interested in getting one but would love to see it before investing. Post a shot if you feel up to it.

·
Registered
956 Posts
This weekend I will take a shot of it. Do not be mislead. I fabricated my L brackets to 12 inches each side to get the adjustment I needed. If you get this windshield which works outrageously well and looks just as well (actually it is the best windshield in the world and nobody should buy any other windshield) you should fab the L brackets for a good fit and good look.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
A very similar model as littletommy mentioned I have to the National DX is a SlipStreamer Spitfire. They are about the same size according to their website dimensions. A National DX is 15.5Hx15W @ around $100-110 depending on vendor used. A Spitfire is 15Hx17.5W @ around $70-80 depending vendor used. I can post up some pictures if you still need to see.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
View attachment 60449

Picture of DX- Very similar to Admiral's set up which looks very good.
I have a Carroll Leather tool bag plugging up the pneumonia hole.
My need to fab the brackets is because my risers also bring my bars back. Without risers there is probably no need to fab the brackets. MBW

I have used a piece of packing foam type stuff to plug the air gap in the past. As you can see I also use ATV Mitts to keep my nose pickers warm. I didn't ride last winter because of shoulder surgery but when I use the windscreen in the summer (bug protector) for highway riding, I leave the gap open for air flow, particularly when it gets hot.

Nothing against the Jimbo shield, but windscreens like your DX and my Spitfire do block the wind and bugs a lot more. Like the Jimbo, mine can be installed and removed very quickly and assume the DX can as well.

·
Registered
956 Posts
DX goes on/off and adjusts easily. I keep mine on always. Seldom is heat a problem for me and bugs are almost always a problem for me. (Upper Peninsula of Michigan.) 9 months of winter-3 months of bad skiing. MBW

1 - 18 of 18 Posts