TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Trail building, that chainsaw looks more like your going logging.
There is no way I could get that bike through the trails here, that shovel and rake would be getting caught up in the low branches.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I was so busy goggling over the paint and the star I looked right past the tree anchor system. Be careful with that.

Reactions: ejfranz

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
Impressive. What sort of trails do you build, or maintain? Around here those long handled tools would have to travel horizontally and longitudinally unless I first cleared overhead.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Impressive. What sort of trails do you build, or maintain? Around here those long handled tools would have to travel horizontally and longitudinally unless I first cleared overhead.
Thanks. I use it to help maintain a mountain biking trail system. There are a few places that I have to be strategic with the limb catcher. The system as been fairly cleared out so it's not terrible.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have stubbornly held on to my bike's stock tank/looks but you have just changed my mind. Looks great!

·
Registered
13,790 Posts

Don't normally have the rack mounted for trail work. Usually just riding in with a chainsaw and a few other small tools to clear downed trees.

This past weekend while we were out exploring the tree's and rock's I was thinking how much the TW reminded me of a Jeep. TW = 2 wheel Jeep!

Your's looks the part!:icon_thumright:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks really good.
I was wondering how long you have had the tank painted? I've found the Clarke aftermarket plastic tanks don't hold onto the paint very well.
Have you done something to help the paint adhere and stay stuck better? Thanks,

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Looks good, but I'd be worried with all that weight on the wimpy TW sub frame.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This past weekend while we were out exploring the tree's and rock's I was thinking how much the TW reminded me of a Jeep. TW = 2 wheel Jeep!

Your's looks the part!:icon_thumright:
Your not the only one. The Jeep Willys was the inspiration. Neither are flashy, but they both can work their way through some pretty tough terrain. I've taken my TW though some stuff that I had to but my big 650 4 wheeler in 4 wheel drive and keep the gas poured to it to get through.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks really good.
I was wondering how long you have had the tank painted? I've found the Clarke aftermarket plastic tanks don't hold onto the paint very well.
Have you done something to help the paint adhere and stay stuck better? Thanks,
I repainted the while bike when I got the tank back in January. I used Plastidip, and layered it until pretty good. Plastidip holds up pretty well. A couple of guys I ride with dipped theirs as well and it's been going on 2 years with occasional touch ups. Overall the stuff is pretty durable.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Love those copper color rims! Look likes like you have a small clan of TW riders your way too!

Tom

1 - 20 of 24 Posts