TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With reckless abandon, we ride...

Mistervelocity, oldworld124, and me, the Admiral

3 of us mature adult riders (2 of us were more "mature" than the other") went for a ride on the roads/trails around Lake Owyhee in eastern Oregon. Mostly beautiful views but we did have a" moment" when we encountered a rock slide area near the end of our ride. Turning around would have been the prudent thing to do. We weren't prudent :) Some would say we were reckless...I agree and would do it again. Enjoy!

View from above of our staging area...basically.

We rode in and around the irrigation system from Lake Owyhee. This is an irrigation siphon transporting the water.

With complete disregard for our own safety, we recklessly ride underneath the siphon. Our lives were spared...whew!

Reckless cohorts down by the river

Irrigation canal kind looks like Olympic bobsled track.

Riding recklessly close to the edge with a view of the Owyhee River down yonder.

We rode recklessly through the tumbleweeds

We stop for a break recklessly close to the edge of a cliff above Lake Owyhee

Recklessly riding down the canyon heading towards the lake

We are careful to avoid riding recklessly next to the lake.

To be continue

·
Registered
13,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have barriers to keep us reckless riders from venturing into the lake near the Owyhee Dam

I recklessly led the riders over this treacherous water crossing. It was a lot more dangerous than it looks.

To amp up our recklessness, I take my fellow reckless riders even closer to the river

...and then we come to the rockslide...ah, no problem, I lead this reckless group of hooligans on the rocky trail. Pucker factor on high for sure.

Mistervelosity practicing his reckless abilities. Mistervelosity has better reckless rider skills than us other two

oldworld124 riding recklessly. Maybe even against his better judgement but he rode across none-the-less. I like his reckless spirit

One last reckless moment on our way back to the staging area. Riding without looking in this one lane old RR Tunnel would be reckless.

I had a great time riding with my two reckless riding buddies.

Till next time. If you can't be safe...be reckless!

Carry on!

·
Registered
13,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most impressive part? We all remained completely wreck-less.

I'd ride with you guys any time. Thanks for putting that vid together.
Haha, too funny. I almost used the word "wreckless" too.

With a spritz of snow up here in the trees overnight, I'm still quarantined from any trails. It's getting crazy out there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Would it be reckless of me to go for a ride with Admiral & Mistervelocity on these "easy" trails. 99% of the shrinks in the world would say Yes! However, my shrink, being part of the 1%ters, says I just have a bad case of TDUB syndrome and it is to be expected. He also said instead of testing testing testing it would probably be best to just Ride Rider Ride with reckless abandon and keep on learning from two very good riders. Thanks much guys for showing me how it is done.

·
Registered
13,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back at home now, and I was able to watch the entire video...awesome!
What software do you use for editing?

That country sure looks a lot like the Cache Creek/Lytton area that we have up here....
Thanks for watching it. It was a really fun day and the sad part is it had to end.

I used Filmora (pay version). The free version leaves watermark. I also have Vegas Pro 13 I think but it much more complicated to learn how to use it. I haven't used it since last summer on one of my videos.

I tried a variety of free version video editing software but the quality was really bad when uploaded to youtube. Youtube has it's own issues and unless you upload a video in anything lower than 4 k, (1080p for example) it's on their lower bandwidth (i.e. blurrier for the viewer). ...or unless you have a kazillion subscribers with kazillion views, which I don't have either. Long story short, youtube has different view playback settings and if you're a big-time youtuber, you get the premium setting automatically. I have to overcome that by uploading a video in 4k.

Watching videos here in the trees is difficult because our backwoods internet company's bandwidth or whatever is slower than maple syrup in an artic winterfest pancake eating contest.

·
Registered
19,761 Posts
Glad you somewhat new guys went riding with reckless abandon...otherwise known as Admiral.
Just wait until you get a chance to ride with Mrs. Reckless Abandon. :cool:

·
Registered
13,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad you somewhat new guys went riding with reckless abandon...otherwise known as Admiral.
Just wait until you get a chance to ride with Mrs. Reckless Abandon. :cool:
MRA got a chuckle out of this one Fred. So, did I.

·
Registered
19,761 Posts
Maybe the Reckless Abandon couple won't think so much of me when I show them what the mice did to the unbreakable "easy trail" rated silicon cocktail glass they gave me. Found this today putting stuff away. I apparently had left my pack open overnight and mice munched my nut roll and nibbled the silicon rim. Glass still works, will just hold lots of salt for a margarita. Hope they get a hangover.
glass.jpg

Might have to try a new cocktail that can blur the damage.
coronavirus-jokes-544-5e71c5fb0b0f8__700.jpg

·
Registered
19,761 Posts
I see oldworld sure knows his caipirinhas!
For those curious this is the Brazilian national drink and translates loosely as the diminutive of "rural inhabitant", or as I translate it "Hillbilly".:cool:
This is a good traditional recipe, squeezing some zest oil from the peel helps give the distinctive note.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts