TW200 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's great to hear from those who have had success with the Big Bore Extension kits I am happy to see riders like Fred really putting a kit through it's paces and I expect CJ7Pilot is not going to let dust settle on his very fast collection of TW200's / TW225's. Not sure how much TWBrian is getting to ride but O know he has a completed project using the BBE as well !!!
These were an ingenious design by Bill and friends from Gold Hill Oregon all the design credit belongs to Mr Bill :)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I believe my big bore conversion has a bit over two thousand miles on it with perhaps 200 miles of it on pavement mostly in 5th & 6th gear bombing over Sierra mountain passes like Carson, Ebbetts & Sonora Passes. Fe
I ride it so much I have a hard time setting it aside for anything like freshening the top and dealing with leaky case half gaskets. Other than adjusting valves and keeping carb, oil & filters clean it sits patiently in the garage ready for the next ride. So it weeps a tiny bit of oil , never enough to spot the floor but enough that I don't have to worry about case screws rusting. On start up it can smoke ever so slightly likely from film of oil draining past valve guide seals.
If that extension shaft doesn't break bend or fall off on Fred's easy rides then it must be real quality.

·
Registered
379 Posts
There is a 2000 ttr225 in Timmins, ON, Canada for $500 on Kijiji. Accident damaged said to run great.

Reactions: PlacerLode

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
if thats $500 Canadian thats a heck of a buy even USD it's a steal

·
Registered
379 Posts
Reactions: PlacerLode
21 - 26 of 26 Posts